• 42(current)
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote?
(2013-08-06, 17:01)Blaccko Wrote: my ASRock motherboard; H77M, but the only CIR drivers for Linux I found on ASRock website are the ones for the ION. Do you think they would work nonetheless with the ASRock H77M motherboard?

I am pretty sure that's the one you want. It's not really specific to the ION -- ASRock is just being lazy.
Hi,

Good to know, thanks. So I've got Linux drivers aailable for the CIR header on my motherboard. Do I need some for the CIR receiver also?

Quote: All I can do if that if you are still planning to buy an IR receiver, make sure it is compatible with Linux out-of-the-box, meaning that the driver should be included in the vanilla Linux kernel. This will make life a lot easier for you.

How can I know if a receiver is compatible with Linux out of the box? Are this and this receivers compatibles with Linux (XBMC Ubuntu)? Otherwise, which ones are?

Also, to power my HTPC from S5 state, is a USB IR receiver able to do so or if I should instead buy a CIR IR receiver (I have a CIR header on my ASRock motherboard) as a USB receiver wouldn't allow me to do so?

Thanks again,

Blaccko
Hi, a little UP for my question please.

Thanks in advance,

Blaccko
The CIR is what provides the power-on function. You need a ASRock compatible CIR receiver.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IR-Receiver-w-...0743842343

The driver is for the CIR receiver. The header is just where it plugs in.
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Regarding the drivers, the one from ASRock (for the ION) that I mentionned earlier is for the header right, not the receiver (as it's listed as a motherboard driver)? So if I buy the receiver you suggest, which drivers will I need for the receiver itself, some from Inteset Systems?

Also, I'll buy a CIR receiver, so it's more a theorical question, but is it also possible to power a HTPC from S5 state with a USB receiver?

Thanks a lot!

Blaccko
Hi,

Sorry if my questions seam obvious, it's just that English is not my first language, so, sometimes, I have trouble understanding what you guys mean.

Quote:Regarding the drivers, the one from ASRock (for the ION) that I mentionned earlier is for the header right, not the receiver (as it's listed as a motherboard driver)? So if I buy the receiver you suggest, which drivers will I need for the receiver itself, some from Inteset Systems?

Also, I'll buy a CIR receiver, so it's more a theorical question, but is it also possible to power a HTPC from S5 state with a USB receiver?

Thanks again,

Blaccko
anyone have any idea if H61MV-ITX will work: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813157367

I don't see it mentioned in this thread.
Hi guys,

I own a ASrock H61M-ITX board with a CIR header. I don t have the ASrock smart remote but there is a store in the Netherlands that sells the ANTEC VERIS BASIC. How exactly does this thing work with the Harmony Remote? And how does the ANTEC IR Receiver work different then a regular MCE IR Receiver (which does not let a PC startup from cold)
Don't dream your life, live your dream
Hi guys,
sorry if this was questioning before
I think I will use the CIR enabled motherboard method or the antec method for my htpc.
I will buy a Asrock H77 PRO4-M Mainboard it supports cir and i also need CIR Module for tthe asus board right?

for both methods
Can i use any remote for this? for example a cheap chinese remote or only mce, logitech harmony remotes.
and do my remote need to learn to power on the htpc if i use for example a mce remote or does it work out of the box?
(2013-08-15, 15:20)THX-UltraII Wrote: Hi guys,

I own a ASrock H61M-ITX board with a CIR header. I don t have the ASrock smart remote but there is a store in the Netherlands that sells the ANTEC VERIS BASIC. How exactly does this thing work with the Harmony Remote? And how does the ANTEC IR Receiver work different then a regular MCE IR Receiver (which does not let a PC startup from cold)

no ideas anyone?
Don't dream your life, live your dream
(2011-09-30, 08:39)eskro Wrote: METHOD#4
Now for ASROCK boards that aren't bundled with an IR remote & a CIR module,
you can buy the same 2 items as a package deal here --> ASRock Smart Remote
and if you only need the CIR Module and not the remote, contact --> ASROCK AMERICA

This product is not for sale anymore.

I contacted Asrock and they told me the following:

Quote:Hello,

Unfortunately we stopped selling the ASRock Smart Remote, and do not have the receiver part anymore either. The demand for it was not high enough. Sorry.

Best regards,
ASRock Support

Just wanna let you know..
I actually use this Option:

Power Switch to power on my TV and HTPC:
http://www.amazon.de/Brennenstuhl-115945...001AOZBWC/

And the BIOS Option:
"Power after AC Loss" or something similar, where you can enable your HTPC to Power On when you Switch
On your multiple Socket.

Power Off with CIR Asrock Smart Remote on Intel or with Logitech K400 BT
Brick 
Has anyone looked at the Jonsbo remote? It comes with an IR board, which is supposed to be hard wired into the motherboard wiring to provide the on/off feature. Not sure about this amount of modification?!?!

Alternatively, can anyone advise on RF-Remote that works on XBMC live in this way? I guess I would hook it into a rear USB port. Preferably, I want it to work out of the box as I'm not familiar with code writing in linux. I've been looking at the OR24E, listed on eBay. RF would certainly be better than IR if it worked.

XBMC 13.02 'Gotham'
Windows 8.1

Zotac Ionitx F-E
Sandisk 32GB SSD
500GB Samsung 2.5" SATA Drive
4GB 800 mHz 240 pin DDR2 DIMM
Compucase 8K01 Mini ITX Case With 120w
HP RC6 IR MCE Remote

NAS DNS-320 Sharecentre
Netgear WN2000RPT Range Extender
I bought the OR24E and surprisingly, worked out of the bag. Connected the RF to the back USB and I was able to navigate the menus and play with no problems. Being RF, it's great not having to aim. The only issues are that the big 'ok' button doesn't function, and the enter button is a tiny button at the bottom of the controller, so I end up navigating with two hands. Also, the power button works to turn off the system, but I haven't been able to get it to turn on my system. I think this is a USB/motherboard setting perhaps.

Anyone have any guides on how to program the button functions in xbmc live, or how to set up a wake-on-usb??

Thanks
XBMC 13.02 'Gotham'
Windows 8.1

Zotac Ionitx F-E
Sandisk 32GB SSD
500GB Samsung 2.5" SATA Drive
4GB 800 mHz 240 pin DDR2 DIMM
Compucase 8K01 Mini ITX Case With 120w
HP RC6 IR MCE Remote

NAS DNS-320 Sharecentre
Netgear WN2000RPT Range Extender
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:Modify_keyboard.xml

also, what is your motherboard?
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote?3