• 16(current)
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote?
bluray Wrote:The CIR option for the front USB is different from the bios option for USB IR option in the rear. I believe that the mobo with bios option can use both options Smile

probably, Balinus confirmed that even when using the FRONT USB2.0 ports,
he's able to WAKE from S5!!

but i think USB3.0 doesnt work,,,
eskro Wrote:but i think USB3.0 doesnt work,,,
No, we never talk about using USB 3.0 to turn on computer, and AsRock never mention USB 3.0 for CIR and ASRock On/Off Play options either. It is reserved for more important thing (external USB 3.0 drive and other USB 3.0 devices! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
lrusak Wrote:I'm using the Flirc receiver and a Harmony remote (although any remote works) and can successfully put my machine to sleep and wake it up.

I'm using Openelec as a dedicated platform.

I have the same set up - Can you clarify are you getting it to wake from sleep or start from a cold boot?
Since the ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 doesn´t have an internal USB3.0 connector for front-USB I wanted to go with the ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe FM1 for my new HTPC-build.
Does anybody have any experience with this board and how to turn it on with a remote(Harmony One)? There isn´t a CIR-option mentioned in the specifications.
It doesn´t look like there is a power button on the remote that comes with the board, but i could be wrong. Would be great if someone who owns this board could clarify.
Am I reading the specs correctly for this item:

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTE5NQ==

This would allow me to boot my PC from cold?
yes, thats one way to do it nige106
Kapz786 Wrote:I have the same set up - Can you clarify are you getting it to wake from sleep or start from a cold boot?

I'll try waking it up from a cold boot when I get home. I usually only sleep it though (when I shutdown it just sleeps and doesn't fully shutdown).

So as of right now I can confirm that it will put the machine to sleep and wake it up from sleep.
That's strange. I can't no longer power on my HTPC with my remote. It still works with my RF keyboard though! Re-installed W7 to make sure it wasn't the cause.... :/
Balinus Wrote:That's strange. I can't no longer power on my HTPC with my remote. It still works with my RF keyboard though! Re-installed W7 to make sure it wasn't the cause.... :/
Auto update might be the root cause!
bluray Wrote:Auto update might be the root cause!

auto update of what do you think?

I still haven't updated W7 from the new install.

Maybe I'll re-update the BIOS, just to make sure I begin with a clean slate.

Sad
Balinus Wrote:auto update of what do you think?

I still haven't updated W7 from the new install.

Maybe I'll re-update the BIOS, just to make sure I begin with a clean slate.

Sad
You can check in Control Panel-->All Control Panel Items-->verify what is installed lately in "Programs/Features and Installed Updates".
bluray Wrote:You can check in Control Panel-->All Control Panel Items-->verify what is installed lately in "Programs/Features and Installed Updates".

Good idea, will do that.
I just got my Asrock Z68M-ITX/HT setup and I can confirm that the following works.
- Boot up from S5 with CIR, USB keyboard/mouse or PS2 ports.

I still need to test the range of the smart remote, but so far it has worked flawlessly from sitting on the couch which is about 6 feet from the HTPC.

I do have one question though, when in windows and I press the power button to turn the HTPC off, it only puts it to sleep. Does anyone know how to make it turn off to S5?
Nexxo Wrote:I just got my Asrock Z68M-ITX/HT setup and I can confirm that the following works.
- Boot up from S5 with CIR, USB keyboard/mouse or PS2 ports.

I still need to test the range of the smart remote, but so far it has worked flawlessly from sitting on the couch which is about 6 feet from the HTPC.

I do have one question though, when in windows and I press the power button to turn the HTPC off, it only puts it to sleep. Does anyone know how to make it turn off to S5?
You might want to turn Power Button Action Settings to "Shutdown" in W7 Control Panel Advance Power Option. Smile
bluray Wrote:You might want to turn Power Button Action Settings to "Shutdown" in W7 Control Panel Advance Power Option. Smile

That was the first thing I checked and it is set to shutdown. Any other suggestions?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote?3