No tv shows under tv in library mode (set content not working)
I am using the latest release of XBMC, on windows 7. The movie library works fine and tried to set the content type of the tv show folder to TV but it never shows up. I did some digging around on the web and some searching on this forum (but come on...forum search engines suck)

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ensure you have a TV scraper enabled.
It was enabled.

I figured it out though. In my obsessiveness to organize I put tv show folders into sub folders like "#-A-E" and "F-I" since I have a ton of shows. Once I copied out a show into the "tv shows" root folder and ran the scan it worked fine.

Any way around it not looking deeper in the directory?
humanman42 Wrote:It was enabled.

I figured it out though. In my obsessiveness to organize I put tv show folders into sub folders like "#-A-E" and "F-I" since I have a ton of shows. Once I copied out a show into the "tv shows" root folder and ran the scan it worked fine.

I really don't know. I've found that if you follow the recommended naming conventions and folder structure, you won't be on here asking "why won't XBMC find................." Big Grin
clubwerks Wrote:I really don't know. I've found that if you follow the recommended naming conventions and folder structure, you won't be on here asking "why won't XBMC find................." Big Grin
+1
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
humanman42 Wrote:In my obsessiveness to organize I put tv show folders into sub folders like "#-A-E" and "F-I" since I have a ton of shows.

You can add multiple sources for your TV shows. i.e. one source for #-A-E, one for F-I and so on. All sources get scraped into the one library.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
I'm new to this but I have one main folder called "TV Shows" that contains my files/folders for TV yet XBMC show's no "TV shows" options when going into my Videos and none of the shows are displayed. I do have a TV scraper as well. I'm probably, and hopefully, doing something really stupid. Not sure what other info. to give you guys.

Thanks!
Actually, I had that the file path was for a single TV show checked so I unchecked it as I have all TV shows in that folder. Now, I do have a "TV Shows" option (yay) but only shows one show, which has only one episode.
Wait, go back to the beginning. You say you have no TV shows options under Videos? I am not sure what you are referring to.
Are you talking about:
From the Home Screen Main Menu - on there you have Videos, Movies, Settings, etc. but 'TV Shows' is not on the Main Menu?

This would make more sense than the alternative:
From the Home Screen Main Menu - on there you have Videos, Movies, Settings, etc. When you click/select Videos you do not see 'options' for TV Shows. What options are you expecting to see?

In your second post, it seems you have figured out how to ADD SOURCE, navigate to you television folder, and set the content to TV shows - this automatically enables tvdb.com as your scraper. Is this true? If so, you should then see Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Settings, etc. on the Main Menu. Is this true, ie do you see TV Shows on your main menu?

Now, If you go under 'TV Shows' from your main menu and see only one tv show I can guess the problem. Tell me this, if you go to main menu, videos, your television folder... do all of your tv shows appear? If the answer to both of these is yes your issue is likely the way you have your tv shows files named. The scrapers depend upon certain file naming conventions in order to work.
This wiki might be a good starting point for you.
HOW-TO:Scan media files into the video library
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
I meant, in the default theme, when I go to Videos and press the right area I didn't have TV Shows as an option because somehow when I was trying to Set the Content it wouldn't appear. I was expecting to see "Movies" and "TV Shows" as I had them before.

I don't have "TV Shows" in the main menu (same with Movies) as they appear under "Videos". Is there a way to make it so they appear on the main menu? I think with another skin I tried I could do it but not sure if I need to click something or if it automatically appears given which skin I select.

Anyways, I didn't realize that each TV show needed its own folder (stupid of me) and I have renamed certain ones to get everything looking pretty smooth.

Thanks for all of the help!!
Something sounds all kinds of wrong there. I think I would uninstal and reinstal. Then follow the directions in getting started and set up.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No tv shows under tv in library mode (set content not working)0