How works wake on USB + how to wake on XBMC
I have following question :
Wake on USB finction will wake on HTPC from suspend mode with each signal received on IR receiver ? If it's so, it's not ok for me, because remote I'm using also for other devices and HTPC will wake on every time when remote is used.

Is there any solution which will wake on HTPC only on one special signal code ?

I found some information about xerc2 product, but this product is quite old.

Which solution ( IR receiver, remote, software set-up ) you are using for XBMC to wake on ?

Thanks

Alda
Via MCEUSB compatible remote - most of the compatible USB remotes will wake a computer from standby when the power button is pressed - dead simple to setup with Ubuntu/Linux (plenty of how-to's around here already) and I dare say Windows would be the same.

You basically just need to enable 'Wake from USB' in your OS/Hardware and that should be it..

alda Wrote:If it's so, it's not ok for me, because remote I'm using also for other devices and HTPC will wake on every time when remote is used.

If I'm reading you correct - no that's not a problem - since the MCE remotes will only send USB 'wake' when the power button is pressed - not any key and/or other remote control you have... so it won't be a problem.
Hi, thank you for answer.
I ordered HP MCE USB receiver and I want use Logitech harmony 515 remote.
In lirc config I must set MCE USB receiver and then I can learn each key signal from remote what will do under XBMC ( lircmap, keymap ).

So under this lircmap, keymap I will define ( learn ) which signal will wake up HTPC ?

Or ?

Thank you

Alda

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How works wake on USB + how to wake on XBMC0