[WINDOWS][Nightly] Zooming beyond displaysize shows artifacts in fullscreen
Version: XBMCSetup-20111003-fc543cb-master.exe (but I noticed it first quite a few releases back already)

When using any scaling method except bilinear, if any video is zoomed beyond the horizontal screensize in fullscreen mode, I get artifacts (stretching) on the right side of the screen.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/8kC5S.png
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/XbxcfKRB

Running WinXP SP3, Q9550, Ati Radeon 4870, Catalyst 10.8.

In case this is also a bug: I first noticed this while using the setting "allowed error in aspect ratio to minimize black bars" at 5% and playing 4:3 videos. The 5% altered ratio is also active when in zoomed or wide-zoomed mode, making the video (unnecessarily) stretch beyond horizontal screensize.
Fixed, thanks for the report.

I don't know what the "allowed error..." setting is supposed to do, I'll let bobo1on1 comment.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm glad it was a xbmc bug and not my system acting up, which it has been doing a bit lately.

But, it doesn't seem to be 100% fixed yet, at least here, because now it seems that the bottom video line often gets "stuck" in fullscreen (although it seems to be a copy of the top line).

It's almost the same story: on all video's and all scaling methods except bilinear, as long as they're stretched beyond vertical screensize (most noticeable on 4:3 vids again). Sometimes it only acts like some kind of colorize layer, which is not as easy to reproduce, but playing with zoom usually works.

Stuck bottom line: http://imgur.com/e6qzZ (it's hard to see, but a black background makes it visible)
Colorize layer screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/7tXER.jpg

Edit:
It also seems to happen when I play any video, switch to windowed mode, use another other app like a browser, then go back to xbmc and fullscreen again.

Hope that helps.
I can see something like that for a few zoom values (definitely not all), for the bottom 1-2 lines. Is that what you're talking about?
Nothing like colorization though. Always the content from one of the first frames of the video.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yes, that's it. They get more or less "stuck" at the first frame, either from start of the video or the moment of going to fullscreen by tapping backslash.

ATM, I've upgraded to "XBMCSetup-20111015-56d8d46-master.exe" and to catalyst 10.9 and still experiencing these stuck bottom lines and also those colored artifacts.

Here's some things I've noticed meanwhile:
  • The colored artifacts seems only to happen on 16:9 video's* in (low) zoom mode (custom and normal).
  • The artifacts and stuck lines only seem to appear between +/- 1.00 and 1.05 zoom for 16:9.
  • When I put these videos on pause and then tap \ a few times, those colored artifacts are almost guaranteed to appear and are also different each time I return to full-screen.
  • Regular zoom mode seems to be slightly deeper zoomed than normal mode for 16:9 video's, even when it says it's 1:00 zoom ratio.
  • In normal mode all video's look fine.
  • 4:3 video's only show the stuck lines in higher zoom modes, never (also) the colored artifacts.

*) I've mostly watched SD format video's (624x352, xvid) to test this, on a full HD monitor.

It's indeed not all zoom values, or even all types of video's (HD vids don't seem to be affected), but I can reproduce very well now, so if you need more details, let me know.
Thanks for fixing this! I'm not sure when it happened, I went from beta 2 to RC 2, but everything looks great now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][Nightly] Zooming beyond displaysize shows artifacts in fullscreen0