Flac Albums Missing From Library
I was hoping that somebody may be able to help me.. I have 394 albums all in flac format in my collection. But only 341 show up when I scan my flac folder to my library..

I have read this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84063

And looked at my flac tags in mp3 tag. None of them have ID3 attributes.. So why arent they importing into XBMC?

The only thing that I can think of is that some of the albums share the same 'Album Artist' and 'Title' but have different 'Year' attributes.. Could this be what is causing it? If so, is there a work around that I can apply to show my missing albums?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
I don't think XBMC cares about things like duplicates with different years for music. The "scraping" is not the same as for movies and TV shows. I helped another guy solve the same problem a few weeks ago. Host a copy of a song that won't add to XBMC on mediafire or something and I'll figure out why it won't add.
I think I may have sorted it now.. In a way that presents another question..

When I was looking for a song to upload, I have found that xbmc is categorising the like albums and like artists together so that I have 2 albums combined into 1.. This is in Album view in the library...

Is there a way to have an 'album artist-year-album title' type view to separate these albums?
danielhitch Wrote:I think I may have sorted it now.. In a way that presents another question..

When I was looking for a song to upload, I have found that xbmc is categorising the like albums and like artists together so that I have 2 albums combined into 1.. This is in Album view in the library...

Is there a way to have an 'album artist-year-album title' type view to separate these albums?

I don't think so, but you could retag those albums as:

Artist A - Same Album
Artist A - Same Album [1991]

If you change the tagged album name they will show up separately. If you have exactly the same album name, it's going to put them in the same album.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flac Albums Missing From Library0