• 5(current)
Sigma developments?
(2012-10-14, 23:10)jmarshall Wrote: Note that I'm really paying attention, not coding something up, honestly (IIRC it was the inprogress shows stuff for Keith) :p

yep because minutes later there was a PR
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I was amazed then, and I'm amazed again now how speedy the navigation is on that sigma device. Ultra-low power, ultra-inexpensive, with full speed control. It's really pretty mind boggling.
Looks very promising so far!!! Thanks for the video.

About half way in he mentions that they want to do bluray as well, which means Sigma handles all the bluray licensing stuff, and someday there might actually be an XBMC box that can do "native" bluray playback one day (no exiting out for external player, etc).
(2012-10-15, 02:04)Ned Scott Wrote: About half way in he mentions that they want to do bluray as well, which means Sigma handles all the bluray licensing stuff, and someday there might actually be an XBMC box that can do "native" bluray playback one day (no exiting out for external player, etc).

Also they mention that right now its running on a port of Linux. Is XBMC ever going to be directly ported to Sigma or is it too early to say?

Sigma is hardware (i.e. CPU/GPU combination), not an operating system.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

When will it be released and usable for the public?
One of the biggest tv providers in Denmark (yousee, TDC) just launched a new product calle youbio which is supposed to be a competitor to netflix, hbo etc. The interesting thing about this is that they are making a box availible for purchase that has the youbio software incorporated. Its running on this box:

http://www.netgem.com/datas/media/134311...0%20v4.pdf

http://yousee.dk/Checkout.aspx?flow=YouBio#step=0

it has the BCM7230 chip and is selling for only 495kr ( $87, euro67) and includes a remote.

It would be awesome if it could be made to run XBMC in the future Smile

Regards
Jacob
Hi,
I did not understand whether the port of xbmc to sigma is already on the roadmap or it is just a possibility... I would like to buy a popcorn hour a-400, but in case it will never support xbmc I will choose something else.
(2012-12-22, 15:24)buongiorgio Wrote: Hi,
I did not understand whether the port of xbmc to sigma is already on the roadmap or it is just a possibility... I would like to buy a popcorn hour a-400, but in case it will never support xbmc I will choose something else.

It's definitely happening, but do not buy something at this point and expect to be able to install XBMC on it. Most likely, the product would have to specifically state that it supports XBMC being installed on it or coming with it.
(2012-12-22, 15:24)buongiorgio Wrote: Hi,

That one will probably never support XBMC. XBMC only works on very, very specific Sigma chipsets, and since XBMC itself doesn't release Sigma builds, you will need to find a hardware vendor that sells Sigma-based XBMC built in to the hardware, which might not exist yet.
I know you guys probably can't say much, but is next year a good year to look forward to something like this or maybe longer?

(2012-12-23, 08:05)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: I know you guys probably can't say much, but is next year a good year to look forward to something like this or maybe longer?

I could be wrong, but I think none of us really know. A few of our guys helped work on the port, but none of us knows about current business decisions on Sigma's end.
(2012-12-23, 08:05)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: I know you guys probably can't say much, but is next year a good year to look forward to something like this or maybe longer?

I'm honestly not sure if anyone on the Team would even know that.
Thank you mates for the update. I asked also on syabas (the popcorn hour manufacturer) website and they say that sigma is paying a company for the port. But they define sigma and xbmc as "competitor" and I do not understand why.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sigma developments?3