Trailers
When I scroll through my movie library I only get a PLAY TRAILER option with like 10% of my movies. Is there a way so I can play trailers for all off my movies?
Don't dream your life, live your dream
XBMC can only list what it finds via the scraper and/or local files.
Hitcher Wrote:XBMC can only list what it finds via the scraper and/or local files.

thxz for this ultrafast reply Hitcher!

And for local trailers I just add a dowloaded trailers to the directory where my movie is and rename the trailer to the movie folder name?
Star 
THX-UltraII Wrote:And for local trailers I just add a dowloaded trailers to the directory where my movie is and rename the trailer to the movie folder name?
The movie name with the extension -trailer so that would be movie_name-trailer.ext
.ext? my trailers are all in .mov format. And what about BR folders? Do I put the trailers in the main movie folder or eg. in the BDMV folder?
.ext means whatever extension you're using.
ok. And what about BR folders? Do I put the trailers in the main movie folder or eg. in the BDMV folder?
No idea, sorry.
THX-UltraII Wrote:ok. And what about BR folders? Do I put the trailers in the main movie folder or eg. in the BDMV folder?

Try it and see Smile

BTW you can also name trailers "movie-trailer.ext" exactly that name if each movie is in its own folder makes it a bit less time consuming when it comes to naming them you can rename them all in one go with the right app

Also you can add your own working URLs with XWMM if you don't want to use local trailers or use nfos
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Try it and see Smile

BTW you can also name trailers "movie-trailer.ext" exactly that name if each movie is in its own folder makes it a bit less time consuming when it comes to naming them you can rename them all in one go with the right app

Also you can add your own working URLs with XWMM if you don't want to use local trailers or use nfos

Ember will let you add a url as well. I ended up putting in the trailer path using Ember (I actually use Metabrowser now), that way it doesn't really matter where you keep your trailers or how you name them - though I keep mine in the same folder as the movie.

This said, having the -trailer is important. Other wise the trailer will be picked up as a movie when xbmc scans for movies.
can you specify a little more in detail what you mean? I really don t understand what you told Blush
THX-UltraII Wrote:can you specify a little more in detail what you mean? I really don t understand what you told Blush

In Ember when you are tagging a movie, there is a Trailer tag.

In this Trailer tag, you can put a url to a trailer on the web. Or you can put in the file path to a trailer stored on your hard drive/network.

If you enter the network path to your trailer, including the file name, you can really put the trailer anywhere. However, I keep the trailer in the same directory as the movie.

you must have -trailer appended to the end of your trailer file name. Otherwise when xbmc scans your movie collection it will pick up the trailer as a movie and you will end up with a bunch of 2 minute movies in your library.

Best convention is to name your trailer the same as your movie, but with '-trailer' at the end of the name.
THX-UltraII Wrote:.ext? my trailers are all in .mov format. And what about BR folders? Do I put the trailers in the main movie folder or eg. in the BDMV folder?

For BR rips with folder, you can put all the files, trailer, fanart, nfo, etc, in the BDMV folder. You can even add a extrathumbs folder for extra fanart within that folder. It works perfect.
seriously what format must the url be in!!!
scraped all my movies with ember and have urls..
but they never work in xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailers0