True HD and Video Playback
Good day,

i downloaded a version of Transformer 3 and when i playback the audio via hdmi from my laptop to a receiver decoding True hd i was getting a lot of audio drops cutting out. Any ideas if it's the xbmc that i need to change.

also got a question on video playback. when i connect again via hdmi from my laptop to receiver and display the video on my projector on full screen the picture is studdering. i have to decrease the window size smaller ie: minimize then blow the picture back up. Any reason what the issue would be.

thanks
you can set your laptop power option to "high performance" in control panel and set avr to passthrough video. for the screen resolution, you might want to set laptop screen resolution to match projector resolution.

you can also pick up some tip for setup audio and video from this link- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for the info but i've i updated all the codecs and downloads as per that link. This was the first time the audio did this. Last time i played the transformers i didn't have the audio drops.

Thanks for the info on the resolutions. I'll have a look but pretty sure it's on the high performance.
Streaker76 Wrote:Thanks for the info but i've i updated all the codecs and downloads as per that link. This was the first time the audio did this. Last time i played the transformers i didn't have the audio drops.

Thanks for the info on the resolutions. I'll have a look but pretty sure it's on the high performance.
fyi- incorrect video settings in xbmc can cause audio problem too!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
True HD and Video Playback0