scroll speed in large library
One issue in the library is that it can take a very long time to scroll through when you have a lot of artists (thousands). I use xbox 360 controllers for navigation because I find them more efficient vs. a remote. Using the trigger buttons, or pushing down with the scroll bar focused, enables fairly fast scrolling. Is there any way to make it even faster? Like double or triple the speed? Or having it start to go faster if you hold it down for a certain length of time? My fanart isn't the issue, I've disabled it and it's the same, I think this is just the speed limit.

Also, using an Acer Revo 3610, if I select "Songs" in my library it locks the system probably because I have too many songs. Any way of disabling that menu item?
On a remote I use page down and page up for fast scrolling. Does the 360 remote have any button you could map to the page up and down actions?

JR
I have this problem too; given that it shows you what letter you're on, is there a way to hit the relevant letter and navigate straight to that?
Shift+letter
or use JUMPSMS with your remote. See the wiki for details.

My keyboard.xml has this in it
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <zero>Number0</zero>
      <one>Number1</one>
      <two>JUMPSMS2</two>
      <three>JUMPSMS3</three>
      <four>JUMPSMS4</four>
      <five>JUMPSMS5</five>
      <six>JUMPSMS6</six>
      <seven>JUMPSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JUMPSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JUMPSMS9</nine>
     </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
So the only real way is to switch to a remote right? No way to scroll faster or jump letters using the controller?
xbmc17 Wrote:So the only real way is to switch to a remote right? No way to scroll faster or jump letters using the controller?

You can configure what actions mapped to the various buttons on the controller. If it isn't convenient, for whatever reason, to map the PageDown and PageUp actions to some button then you're stuck.

JR
Use the following setting for your left and right trigger (not the shoulder buttons):

First the triggers are the following axis:
Code:
axis limit="1" id="1"   Left Trigger
axis limit="+1" id="1"   Right Trigger

Now set the following key layout for these in the controller.xml:
Code:
<axis limit="-1" id="1">ScrollDown</axis>
<axis limit="+1" id="1">ScrollUp</axis>
This will enable analog-scrolling for those. Analog-Scrolling has the following effect:
If you push the trigger down completely you will skip through the library REALLY fast, the speed however decreases the further you will release the trigger.

Edit:
This by the way can also be used to enable analog-forwarding. This means that the forward-speed depends on how much pressure you put on the trigger.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scroll speed in large library0