• 6(current)
ATV2, iOS 4.4.1, XBMC Update
stevellion Wrote:1) you don't need nito TV.
2) why don't you have updatebegone installed?
just do: apt-get install com.nito.updatebegone
3) Are you running the latest nightly.
4) pretty much everything is done via ssh Smile
5) Just use Seas0nPass and get it back to 4.3 now, while Apple are still signing it... Then fresh install with normal instructions to be on a better supported platform. (and un-tethered JB)

Tx for your input.

1) + 2) great, will try that tonight
3) yup
4) should have figured Smile

5) got my blobs saved, but i need the 4.4 version, because it has resolution output control for ATV2. My amp + beamer combo did not recognize the 720 output and forced atv to go to 480. Some HDMI issue I could not figure out..

Plus I like to experiment, although it makes live a bit harder sometimes. Thats one of the reasons why the forum is here right, experiment and solve issues with the new stuff!
jobespierre Wrote:but i need the 4.4 version, because it has resolution output control for ATV2. My amp + beamer combo did not recognize the 720 output and forced atv to go to 480. Some HDMI issue I could not figure out..

Ah-Ha. Someone with a real reason to upgrade to 4.4! That's good!
Wink 
Dear Gurus!

I've been looking for the ultimate solution for home entertainment, and now it seems that I found the right place.

I'm buying a QNAP TS-212 Turbo NAS in days and I also plan to buy an Apple TV2.

However I'm only buying these, if they can serve my needs:

-computerless iTunes video and audio playback. Playlists and more formats are plus.
-Control all playback from my iPhone remotely via ATV2
-Flawless, fluent playback even in HD, even if torrent runs on the NAS.
-keeping the Warranty of both products (ATV, NAS)
-I'm storing all my videos and music in iTunes, and so far I know, QNAP also runs iTunes (server), that can handle this. Right?

Could someone conrfim that this is a reachable dream?
With a video for eg? Big Grin

Million thanks,
Sanyi
If you are storing all your videos and music in iTunes and you don't want to void your warranty on your ATV, then you could ask in your local Apple Store Genius bar.

XBMC allows you to play all the stuff that has nothing to do with iTunes.
But you need to JB the ATV to get XBMC on it.
If you ever need to get your ATV2 serviced you simply restore it in iTunes. It's all software, so there is nothing left and no way for Apple to ever tell that it was jailbroken. Warrantees are no issue. I've been a long time jailbreaker with my iPod touch and later an iPhone, and it's never been an issue getting service for them.

You can also still use all the normal ATV2 functions without the jailbreak being "detected" or anything like that. XBMC and native ATV2 features live side by side in harmony.

So basically yes, it should be just fine for your needs.
Sorry, Im new to this.

How do I jailbreak and install XBMC on my Apple TV 2 which has the latest version FW on it (Think its 4.4.2)

I found a tutorial but it was for an older version of FW. Thanks
nickc25 Wrote:Sorry, Im new to this.

How do I jailbreak and install XBMC on my Apple TV 2 which has the latest version FW on it (Think its 4.4.2)

I found a tutorial but it was for an older version of FW. Thanks

How about you scroll 2 pages back and read instructions?
crimsontwo Wrote:How about you scroll 2 pages back and read instructions?

I saw instructions for moving the application folder to another place, is that the whole thing? I just wont want to end up with a brick (a square black one!) Laugh
You can't brick the ATV2. There's also a good chance you don't even have to follow any special instructions, since they are only needed due to a bug in Seas0nPass (which should be updated soon, if not already).
nickc25 Wrote:I saw instructions for moving the application folder to another place, is that the whole thing? I just wont want to end up with a brick (a square black one!) Laugh

No you didn't. Two pages back (page 7) you should see this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=920...stcount=65

I'm not trying to be mean but you should really learn to search.
crimsontwo Wrote:No you didn't. Two pages back (page 7) you should see this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=920...stcount=65

That post does indeed link you to the guide to move the dir, ignore the snide comment above
You don't need to move /Applications any more, Seas0nPass for PC has been updated to do the right thing.
crimsontwo Wrote:No you didn't. Two pages back (page 7) you should see this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=920...stcount=65

Considering I run several forums, I know not to clog up with duplicate threads etc and I have posted because I am confused.

I have seen this guide http://support.firecore.com/entries/3876...s#overview which is fine, but when I go through that, it starts to download a 4.3 ipsw file when I already have a 4.4.2_9 ipsw file, I need to somehow tell SeasonPass to use the file I have downloaded and not to auto download an old one. This is where I am struggling with finding a tutorial. I have read this whole thread. Thanks.
davilla Wrote:You don't need to move /Applications any more, Seas0nPass for PC has been updated to do the right thing.

Does that mean it will be updated for the OSX Version soon? Cheers
danfozzy Wrote:That post does indeed link you to the guide to move the dir, ignore the snide comment above

Thanks, I have read the whole thread and sure there are things telling each other certain things, the guide I saw was to move the dir, not a full blown guide, which is why I asked. It is not as if he is a long term member of here so I generally take no notice of stuff like that anyway because it reflects poorly on the site when you have new members making snide comments etc. On the other hand, the helpful people that have been here long term, far outweigh the sniders! Laugh
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2, iOS 4.4.1, XBMC Update0