What is the best universal remote you have used?
I have the harmony One

I love the ease of setup and functionality,

but I hate the look and feel in my hand. Feels to plasticy, the buttons arent very tactile when pressing, and the touch screen is not very ergonomically placed (too far to reach with the thumb) and very difficult to press the touch button you want unless you use two hands and press directly down from above.

What I would love is a remote that wouldnt look out of place in a bang and oulfsen show room, but also has the ease of setup of the Logitech.

Any recommendations?

I am considering buying an old ipod touch just to use as a remote
I have a One, just picked up a 700 refurb on a "deal" and I like the 700 feel better.

I don't think a touch will turn on/off the TV or work the TV volume. I tried an iDevice, didn't much care for it, and didn't want everyone and the uncle messing with $200+ remote.

I'm sold on the Harmony line. Of all that I have, the 700 feels the best. I've got a 550, 700 and the One. Friend has an 880 I think and loves it.
I have a Harmony 650 and I like it a lot. The only drawback is it is limited to 5 devices.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
I had the xbox 360 version of the 555 and liked that, but the rubber buttons stopped working after a while. This happend twice so upgraded to the one.

In general, I think all the logitech remotes feel cheap.

Shame really as my edge keyboard is awesome

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the best universal remote you have used?0