[linux] Downloader for OnlineTVrecorder recordings from mirror
Hi there,
I'm using onlinetvrecorder.com for recording tv-shows. Downloading is much faster from mirrors than from the main webpage.
I have already a shellskript (not sure if this is officially available in the otr-page, if not, feel free to respond to this thread, I'll post it here... of course with no warranty of any kind etc... but there is no risk as far as I can see) that goes through a specified folder, decodes the XXX.otrkey files to the playable video files, cuts them by the best rated playlist available, deletes all unneeded files and puts the ready-to-play-movies into another choosable directory.

What I'm really missing for xbmc is that I could browse all records listed on a mirror in xbmc and start downloads directly (to a specified path). After dowhload has finished, I would like to call the mentioned decoding skript automatically, and after that, I'd like my database to be refreshed.
I think, one main problem might be that the mirror sites request login data which would needed to be filled out by a new feature, skript or plugin.

FYI: If you are premium member on onlinetvrecorder.com, you can "record" all tvshows. (Price per moth about 0,60 Euro) The premium membership on the mirrors costs about 1-2 Euro /month (for example otr-files.de). The download speed is above my 16000 dsl, so a regular movie needs under 10 minutes to be downloaded and decoded. In regular cases, all redordings are available about 3 - 4 weeks.
--> This new Feature would mean we could watch all shows beeing broadcasted in the last 3 weeks at any time for under 3 euro per month!

I'm not good at programming, so I hope anyone more focused has interest too. Else I would appreciate if somebody could tell me wether I can do an automated login on a webpage with python.
Then I'd only need to parse the page for video links, follow them and display the download link that immediately appears without waiting time (don't know how-to, hope I'll get that to work...)

For any kind of help, example skripts that do any of the above mentioned and other replies or the whole functionality Big Grin :

Thank you very very much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[linux] Downloader for OnlineTVrecorder recordings from mirror0