[Windows]thetvdb.com scraper won't scrape a new show
Hi all

I think I had a similar problem some time ago, but cannot for the life of me find anything on search or remember what i did.

Essentially, I added a new show Jamie's Great Britain to an existing TV area that I also added other new shows to recently. XBMC picked up the show correctly, or so it seemed, but didn't show any episodes...or the series information.

The path is L:\TV Shows\Jamie's Great Britain\Jamie's Great Britain - S01E01.avi

I recently added Shark (about 2 days ago) as a show I have never had in the library...and it added everything correctly. The only difference that I can see is that I actually had to create the show on thetvdb.com for this. I have done this before (new series, added episodes etc) and never had a problem though.

Now, when I try and refresh the show to download the information, it comes up and finds it correctly during search "Jamie's Great Britain (en)"...but then doesn't download any series information and resolutely refuses to add the episodes.

I checked the XBMC.log file and found this entry:

Code:
16:57:25 T:3284 M:1236361216   ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode L:\Bittorrent Downloads\TV Shows\Jamie's Great Britain\Season 1\Jamie's Great Britain - S01E01.avi online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.

So I posted my question over on the thetvdb.com forums and they assured me that there is nothing different about that series on their site and suggested asking on here.

It is driving me mad..so any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
I have this for a few shows as well, and just figured the scraper doesn't have their info yet.
Sorry, I am not sure what you mean. I know that XBMC says that it has found the show when it searches...it just then doesn't download the information that exists on thetvdb.com

It keeps referring to there being no episode guide. I even went so far as to add a tvshow.nfo that points to the correct page on thetvdb.com and this still doesn't bring down the information
Noone has any ideas? It is literally only this show that has the problem and the guys over at thetvdb are adamant that there is nothing wrong on their side...

Thanks
Post a full debug log to pastebin.com and drop a link here. There may be further info in the full log than what you posted above.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
If it happens again, I will. In the meantime, I noticed that thetvdb.com has changed the episodes for lots of my other shows...so I figured I would go through my entire collection and match to the site....meaning I have deleted my database and am about to rescan shortly.

Hopefully this will then mean it will pickup the show at the same time.

Cheers
It turns out that there IS an issue over at thetvdb.com - They are working to resolve it...thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows]thetvdb.com scraper won't scrape a new show0