• 34(current)
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')
Wouldn't that make this script overly complicated for users? Or did you mean a skinnable setting? IMO it should be somewhat consistent in all skins and without the need of user interaction. If you want to included all possible varitions this is gonna be a complicated script because every one wants something else. Because what about when you replay an episode? Do want the same behaviour as movies for example.

just my 2 cents.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Currently the behavior is different for movies and episodes... already watched movies do appear in the list if you watch them again and a resume point is created. Already watched episodes don't appear in the list if you re-watch a tv show.

So two options should make everyone happy:
- Include/Exclude watched movies
- Include/Exclude watched episodes
`Black Wrote:Currently the behavior is different for movies and episodes... already watched movies do appear in the list if you watch them again and a resume point is created. Already watched episodes don't appear in the list if you re-watch a tv show.

So two options should make everyone happy:
- Include/Exclude watched movies
- Include/Exclude watched episodes

Well if we want to make it simple and consistent I would prefer movies behaving the same way as episodes are right now.

If the others disagree then I think your suggestion is the right way to go.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I think the script is fine the way it is now. If you only have unwatched movies in the watchlist script in my case there would be no movies in the list most of the time and the selection would not be much different from recently added movies.
Big_Noid Wrote:I think the script is fine the way it is now. If you only have unwatched movies in the watchlist script in my case there would be no movies in the list most of the time and the selection would not be much different from recently added movies.

You are absolutely right about this, but this is exactly what I'm trying to achieve.

I have a single list and use watch list as supplement to recently added, starting with watch list items. This way items of (arguably) most interest comes first. It is also consistent with episodes behavior. For separate lists existing way may be better.

Script option would be most welcomed from my part.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

There's one thing that bugs me a little and that's the episodes of shows that I watch weekly sometimes getting lost from the list because of completed shows I'm watching.

I'd prefer it if they bumped to the top of the list because as soon as they're watched that show wouldn't be listed again until there was another new episode available.

Thoughts?
Hitcher Wrote:There's one thing that bugs me a little and that's the episodes of shows that I watch weekly sometimes getting lost from the list because of completed shows I'm watching.

I'd prefer it if they bumped to the top of the list because as soon as they're watched that show wouldn't be listed again until there was another new episode available.

Thoughts?

Do you mean that it should act more like movies are now or did I get you wrong?

If so, I presume script start options that Black suggested would cover this?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I just wanted to chime in on the huge progress in the efficiency of the script. My unwieldy library is being processed in much less time than it was before. The startup time for the script is down under 2.5 minutes now and the update time is instantaneous. With the implementation of some suggestions in the auto library update script (delaying the initial library update as an option) this really helps the responsiveness of the system.

Thanks for putting up with a lot of suggestions and really zeroing in on the most productive solution. While some of these improvements may seem small on small libraries, the impact on systems with larger libraries and more script use (library updater, pseudotv, etc.) is profound. Great job!
`Black Wrote:If you look a few pages back, you would know that I'm going to fix that bug. Wink

script.watchlist-0.1.11.zip

Should fix the empty episode and season thumb if the episode wasn't in the watch list before, was stopped manually and not marked as watched.
Possible bug that I just noticed with 0.1.11 but it sure may existed earlier:

- Log off

Script does not refresh and as previous profile did not have library content, properties are empty for the main one.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Possible bug that I just noticed with 0.1.11 but it sure may existed earlier:

- Log off

Script does not refresh and as previous profile did not have library content, properties are empty for the main one.

i guess you could use something like:
Quote:<onload condition="Window.Previous(Startup) | Window.Previous(LoginScreen)">RunScript(..)</onload>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
So this would be the proper way for starting script?

Code:
<onload condition="IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(Quartz_Watchlist)) | Window.Previous(Startup) |
Window.Previous(LoginScreen)">
RunScript(script.watchlist,movies=true&amp;episodes=true&amp;albums=true&amp;limit=10)</onload>

<onload condition="IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(Quartz_Watchlist))">
SetProperty(Quartz_Watchlist,True)</onload>

I'll do it if you think this is the best way, no problem. IMHO this should not be handled by skin but by script trigger.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm on the newest watchlist-script. Season poster in thumb for episode still disappears in "watching"-list when I stop it midway.

Recently added episodes shows up quickly when I restart XBMC, but suggested episodes of TV shows I'm watching takes about 1 minute not only to update, but to show at all.

Episodes and movies hardly never update except for when I do a complete restart of XBMC. What is the triggers for update to happen except for under startup? Can't small updates be done all the time without reading throught he whole library?

I would i.e. want next episode to update immediately after I have watch an episode of the same TV show. That way I can just press next episode rigth away.
The Real Skimshady
Does not happen for me.
bthusby Wrote:I'm on the newest watchlist-script. Season poster in thumb for episode still disappears in "watching"-list when I stop it midway.

Recently added episodes shows up quickly when I restart XBMC, but suggested episodes of TV shows I'm watching takes about 1 minute not only to update, but to show at all.

Episodes and movies hardly never update except for when I do a complete restart of XBMC. What is the triggers for update to happen except for under startup? Can't small updates be done all the time without reading throught he whole library?

I would i.e. want next episode to update immediately after I have watch an episode of the same TV show. That way I can just press next episode rigth away.

+1 on that thought... watchlist is great for saving time navigating through library to find my shows. however it is moot point after watching an episode and the next episode hasnt updated, so i have to navigate to the tv show location anyways to get the next episode. would like to see this soon
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')2