• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')
ronie Wrote:script.watchlist-0.0.4.zip

I have a feeling this is kinda a stupid question (its late) but how do I use this? I tried to install it as an addon but that didn't work. I'm on eden-pre.
bnevets27 Wrote:I have a feeling this is kinda a stupid question (its late) but how do I use this? I tried to install it as an addon but that didn't work. I'm on eden-pre.

This only works if the skin you use supports it so you better ask in the skin thread.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
bnevets27 Wrote:I have a feeling this is kinda a stupid question (its late) but how do I use this? I tried to install it as an addon but that didn't work. I'm on eden-pre.

silvine Wrote:I tried this under the NEON skin in Openelec and it didn't work. Any ideas?

Do I have to use a particular skin or install of XBMC?

ronie Wrote:please respect the fact that this is a skin dev forum,
cheers :-)

Skin Development GUI and Web skins/themes, graphics development and suggestions.
No End-User Support Requests! Only skinners and graphic artists.
snipah Wrote:after a reboot everything i working great again, but the script error sucks.

Did I do something wrong? do you need more info?

can you reproduce this?
if so, mind adding some logging to the script and post another Debug Log.

in script.watchlist/default.py, line 34, insert the line in old:
Code:
log("### load response")
[b]        log("### json response: %s" % json_query)[/b]
        json_response = simplejson.loads(json_query)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
odt_x Wrote:Here you go,http://pastebin.com/wbUnCBg8

In this log I ran with a custom script where I commented out:
# self._fetch_movies()
# self._set_movie_properties()

And added couple of log points to episodes

it's the db call that are taking up all the time.

i may be able to code the episode part of the script in a different way,
and it might speed things up...

i'll give it a shot, but it could take some time before i get to it.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:can you reproduce this?
if so, mind adding some logging to the script and post another Debug Log.

in script.watchlist/default.py, line 34, insert the line in old:
Code:
log("### load response")
[b]        log("### json response: %s" % json_query)[/b]

Thanks ronie,

yes, it resproduceable. I added the bold line to default.py. Log becomes quite huge afterwards, so I put it to pastebin. Hope it helps...

http://pastebin.com/8NBUsUB9

if you need additional information...please, please ask!
Hitcher Wrote:Skin Development GUI and Web skins/themes, graphics development and suggestions.
No End-User Support Requests! Only skinners and graphic artists.

Oops, sorry about that, didn't realize this was in the development section. May I ask what skins support this currently?
snipah Wrote:Thanks ronie,

yes, it resproduceable. I added the bold line to default.py. Log becomes quite huge afterwards, so I put it to pastebin. Hope it helps...

May be unrelated, but I had an issue with simplejson parsing results that contained accented letters...

I'll leave it to Ronie though as I'm a mere amateur scripter!
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
snipah Wrote:Thanks ronie,

well...it's a long shot, but worth a try...
could you replace script.module.simplejson in your addon dir
with this one: script.module.simplejson-2.2.1.zip
ronie Wrote:well...it's a long shot, but worth a try...
could you replace script.module.simplejson in your addon dir
with this one: script.module.simplejson-2.2.1.zip

Thanks ronie! Will definitely try when I get home from work today.

I'm wondering, why everything works 100% on initial boot. The script error occurs when returning to home-screen after watching a movie or tv-show. If I reboot again, everything works fine again and all information is shown correctly (e. g. the next episode from a tv-show).

Tried Cirrus Extended v2 and Aeon Nox and both skins show the same behaviour as described above.

As it works after reboot: Where is the difference between starting the script after reboot and returning to homescreen after watching something?
Sorry, but script error still occurs, although I replaced the existing script.module.simplejson with the new one from the zip-file,

Wrote DEBUG-LOG again, without the additional line to keep it shorter Smile

http://pastebin.com/pQENLaR9

What does that mean?

Code:
20:16:36 T:2856819568    INFO: Scriptresult: Success
20:16:36 T:2815044464    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
20:16:36 T:2815044464   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'simplejson.decoder.JSONDecodeError'>
20:16:36 T:2815044464   ERROR: Error Contents: Expecting property name: line 1 column 2929 (char 2929)
20:16:36 T:2856819568    INFO: Python script stopped
20:16:36 T:2856819568   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2856819568 terminating
20:16:36 T:2815044464   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 184, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 18, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_movies()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 35, in _fetch_movies
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/__init__.py", line 413, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 402, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 418, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 71, in scan_once
                                                return _scan_once(string, idx)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 42, in _scan_once
                                                _scan_once, object_hook, object_pairs_hook, memo)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 230, in JSONObject
                                                value, end = scan_once(s, end)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 42, in _scan_once
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 230, in JSONObject
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 44, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_array((string, idx + 1), _scan_once)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 284, in JSONArray
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 262, in JSONObject
                                                raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting property name", s, end - 1)
                                            JSONDecodeError: Expecting property name: line 1 column 2929 (char 2929)
20:16:36 T:2815044464    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
snipah Wrote:What does that mean?

it means the simplejson module crashes.

i think i've spotted the issue.. it seems we get an invalid json response from xbmc.

i've notified one of our json devs and he'll look into it.
@ snipah: could you please post a full Debug Log, by following these steps ?
please re-include the log line i've pasted a few posts back.

- enable debug logging
- restart xbmc
- make sure the script runs correctly
- play a movie
- make sure the script crashes
- post the full Debug Log
(it will be big, split in multiple parts if needed)

if you could, also a screenshot of Settings > Appearance > International
would be most welcome.
^ if anyone else is having the same issue, i'd like to hear out it.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12215
Not me personally however this guy did:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114633&page=2
From post #11 and on.

All his settings had an " , "

So not only a JSON problem.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')2