• 21(current)
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')
Hitcher Wrote:http://pastebin.com/eCxsnpMs

I sees you are using the official trakt addon, the one we are working on is Trakt Utilities, but the solutions we are putting into place should help everyone using the json notifications.
Developer working on Trakt Utilties for XBMC (Download)
Please read Getting Support before asking for support.
Montellese Wrote:Can you tell me how to reproduce this? I know that starting playback through recently added etc is not handled very well by XBMC (it e.g. doesn't add the files to any or the right playlist) so that might be the reason why JSON-RPC reports invalid/wrong information.

EDIT: Nevermind I managed to reproduce it myself. Will see if the problem is the JSON-RPC code or the code from the BuiltIn method used by scripts to play items.

So can this be fixed on the XBMC side of things or do we need to update the script and our skins <onclick> commands?

I'd like to get it sorted before Eden if possible.

Thanks.
Hitcher Wrote:So can this be fixed on the XBMC side of things or do we need to update the script and our skins <onclick> commands?

Thanks.

if this requires both script and skin updates, i'd prefer to wait until after eden.

since both RandomItems and GlobalSearch use the same method of playing episodes as well,
i assume skin/script code for those will also have to be adjusted.

making such a number of changes this close to the release of xbmc eden
is something that should be avoided imo.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hitcher Wrote:So can this be fixed on the XBMC side of things or do we need to update the script and our skins <onclick> commands?

Thanks.
I t is quite possible that the method used currently can be made to work on XBMCs side, I just have no idea how much effort it will require.

ronie Wrote:if this requires both script and skin updates, i'd prefer to wait until after eden.

since both RandomItems and GlobalSearch use the same method of playing episodes as well,
i assume skin/script code for those will also have to be adjusted.

making such a number of changes this close to the release of xbmc eden
is something that should be avoided imo.
I can understand where you are coming from, but the changes are very small and should be almost identical across the add-ons.

There is one halfway solution which I personally would like to see, the ability for a skin to play an item by its id (movieid, episodeid etc) as this should line
it up with the way that the jsonrpc play requests happen. I the solution that I had presented I modified the add-on to pass the id, which is two lines of code per video type, I then changed the plugins onclick to send that id back to the add-on as a play request and in the add-on I implemented a handler that caught that and passed it on via a jsonrpc command. I reallity that last bit could be avoided by simply having the script pass the id to XBMC to play it.
Developer working on Trakt Utilties for XBMC (Download)
Please read Getting Support before asking for support.
Using Aeon Nox and pre eden on windows I can't get the add on to install from zip. Or if it is installing I can't find it anywhere. Any advice?
_Mikie_ Wrote:Using Aeon Nox and pre eden on windows I can't get the add on to install from zip. Or if it is installing I can't find it anywhere. Any advice?

It will be installed allong with the skin itself. You just need to enable it using the widget menu.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:It will be installed allong with the skin itself. You just need to enable it using the widget menu.

Can you elaborate on where exactly this is? Thanks
Hi Ronie and all,

I have a strange problem with XBMC. At first I thought it was skin related and posted my troubles on the Aeon Nox forum. Big_Noyd took a look at my log and suggested I post here as he thought it was an addon problem (script.watchlist).

I have disabled my usual settings such as scan for new video and music content at startup. I have also disabled TVTunes and Next-aired. I then downgraded From The December 10th Nightly to December 1st. This has all had zero effect on the PC in question. The RAM gets gobbled up at a dizzying rate, which then brings XBMC to its knees and I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out.

My specs on this PC are as follows:

Windows 7, 64-bit
Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
6GB RAM

On this instance I opened up XBMC and played a folder of nursery rhymes for a few minutes. I hope you can see a problem. Here is a debug LOG its quite big.

One last thing I have deleted the script.watchlist folder, but am not sure if it returns by itself or a backup is tucked away somewhere else. Sad
Rastan Wrote:One last thing I have deleted the script.watchlist folder, but am not sure if it returns by itself or a backup is tucked away somewhere else. Sad

did deleting the watchlist folder solve the issue?

we do keep a backup in addons/packages, though it shouldn't re-install automatically.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:did deleting the watchlist folder solve the issue?

we do keep a backup in addons/packages, though it shouldn't re-install automatically.

Hi Ronie, I have already deleted the watchlist folder and the log and screenshot I posted are the result.
Rastan Wrote:Hi Ronie, I have already deleted the watchlist folder and the log and screenshot I posted are the result.

nope, the watchlist script is still installed and running

Quote:15:35:34 T:2168 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.watchlist has been installed.'

so delete C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.watchlist\
and double-check it does not come back after restarting xbmc.
ronie Wrote:nope, the watchlist script is still installed and running

so delete C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.watchlist\
and double-check it does not come back after restarting xbmc.

Strange, you're right it is indeed in there. I am pretty sure I deleted it yesterday before downgrading XBMC. I have just deleted it again now and see an instant speed up difference in XBMC Big Grin

I then closed XBMC and checked the folder and the watchlist script has not returned.

I am currently running a test by playing some nursery rhyme videos to see if the RAM usage goes up again and to see if the watchlist script returns.

I will post back my results. Thankyou Smile

Edit: In the meantime I have just checked on this PC where I know I definately deleted the watchlist script yesterday. It has redownloaded the script which is why I am seeing the ram usage escalate again in XBMC.
Ronie, here are a few more details which may or may not be of use to you. My collection is quite large.

5199 Movies
409 TV Shows (11218 Episodes)

I'm not sure if this is co-incidental, but from my observation XBMC progressively gets slower with each video that is played and stopped. Also browsing in the movie or TV Show menu's becomes extremely laggy the more I browse.

I also use Psuedo TV so there must be a lot of TV shows and Movies logged in my database as partially watched. (Maybe thats why you script is having problems?)

I could run any test or produce logs on your request.
Rastan Wrote:I'm not sure if this is co-incidental, but from my observation XBMC progressively gets slower with each video that is played and stopped. Also browsing in the movie or TV Show menu's becomes extremely laggy the more I browse.

so is this without watchlist running?

as that's what i'm trying to find out Smile
ronie Wrote:so is this without watchlist running?

as that's what i'm trying to find out Smile

Sorry, yes this is with the watchlist running. I thought I had deleted it but after checking as you suggested it was still in there.
I think it comes back somehow though.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')2