• 24(current)
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')
When using <thumb> the ones that work use masterprofile and the ones that don't use last.fm.

Looking at the database strThumb is for local images and strImage is for last.fm.

Why placing $INFO[Window.Property(WatchList_Album.1.Thumb)] in <thumb> or <icon> control determines which is used is beyond me.

EDIT: When using <icon> the images all show up but they're still using masterprofile or last.fm and I've figured out that the ones linked to last.fm don't load instantly unlike the others.

XBMC must use strImage for the thumb control and strThumb for the icon control (with strThumb used as a fallback).
Hitcher Wrote:When using <thumb> the ones that work use masterprofile and the ones that don't use last.fm.

Looking at the database strThumb is for local images and strImage is for last.fm.

is strThumb empty for the ones that don't work?
if so, what you're seeing is correct behaviour.

<thumb> will use strThumb and strThumb only.

Hitcher Wrote:Why placing $INFO[Window.Property(WatchList_Album.1.Thumb)] in <thumb> or <icon> control determines which is used is beyond me.

EDIT: When using <icon> the images all show up but they're still using masterprofile or last.fm and I've figured out that the ones linked to last.fm don't load instantly unlike the others.

<icon> will use strThumb and fallback to strImage when strThumb is empty.

Hitcher Wrote:XBMC must use strImage for the thumb control and strThumb for the icon control (with strThumb used as a fallback).

i'm afraid i fail to follow that logic?

afaik xbmc uses strThumb for the thumb control and strThumb for the icon control (with strImage used as a fallback).

wiki:
Quote:ListItem.Thumb Shows the thumbnail (if it exists) of the currently selected item in a list or thumb control
ListItem.Icon Shows the thumbnail (if it exists) of the currently selected item in a list or thumb control. If no thumbnail image exists, it will show the icon.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hitcher Wrote:I've noticed this problem on my OpenELEC machine and did think of suggesting we make it optional that it's run in the background and let the user decide how it operates but I'll let ronie decide what he wants to do.

sure, what would be the best way to implement it?

i'm thinking of adding an addon setting to the script, where the user can select between:
- update watchlist after playing a video/song (this is the current behaviour)
- update watchlist every hour

thoughts anyone?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
If I run the script for episodes only, I would expect that it updates only if I play an episode, not after a song or movie or something else was played. At least you can detect if a song or video is playing.
ronie Wrote:sure, what would be the best way to implement it?

i'm thinking of adding an addon setting to the script, where the user can select between:
- update watchlist after playing a video/song (this is the current behaviour)
- update watchlist every hour

thoughts anyone?

Sounds good to me, thanks.

As for my thumbs/icons problem I've simply nuked my database and rescanned without fetching additional information.
I've made an update to the script and it should update only if necessary now. For example if playing a video file which isn't a movie or episode, script won't update after playback stopped or if you start playing a song and stop it manually.

Please test it -> script.watchlist-0.1.8
So far it doesn't run when you stop a video manually. It does when playing a trailer for example and that finishes (suppose that is considered a movie)
Judging from the log when a video finishes it also updates the audio watchlist.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes I did no changes on the updating side... if it runs, it updates everything but I'll change that later. I guess container content is also movies for trailers. Maybe there's another solution for that.
`Black Wrote:Yes I did no changes on the updating side... if it runs, it updates everything but I'll change that later. I guess container content is also movies for trailers. Maybe there's another solution for that.

cool! thanx for jumping in `Black :-)
`Black Wrote:Yes I did no changes on the updating side... if it runs, it updates everything but I'll change that later. I guess container content is also movies for trailers. Maybe there's another solution for that.

Think that one is gonna be tricky.
Possible options i think (don't know if possible) would be:
1. check if filename contains '-trailer'
2. locations starts with a internet location like http:// strm:// and so on.

This will require some extra coding taking place on remembering what was played after playback ended and check on that.

Edit:
I think the same applies to youtube videos being playing. Don't want to run the script after you watched a youtube i think.
script.watchlist-0.1.8.zip

Script now updates on the following conditions:
  • A movie was played, script is running with movies = true, container is movies and path+filename doesn't contain http:// and/or -trailer
  • An episode was played and script is running with episodes = true
  • A song is playing and playback ends and script is running with albums = true
  • At least one song was played completely if user stops playback manually and script is running with albums = true
Script now updates only necessary items so if you watch an episode, only episodes will be updated.

For testing purposes I've added a notification if script is updating so it's easier to test.
So far so good Nod

No errors. Updates music when necessary, trailers don't trigger it. Haven't tried for movies or tvshows yet.

Edit:

When playing a part of a movie and then stopping it does trigger the watchlist update. This probably because this is also a feature of watchlist for currently watching?
Thanks for the exclusion list. No more unnecessary updates while watching tv channels, trailers etc Smile
Martijn Wrote:When playing a part of a movie and then stopping it does trigger the watchlist update. This probably because this is also a feature of watchlist for currently watching?

Unfinished Movies. Wink
Hitcher Wrote:Unfinished Movies. Wink

Yeah already thought that. I don't use that option. When I start watching a movie I will also finish it Laugh
Seams to be working as it should so far Nod
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')2