• 12(current)
Buffering issues - atv2 - wired
Or can the option be ignored if using iOS?
ArrrrJimLad Wrote:I think that the wiki page for advancedsettings.xml should be updated to reflect what you just said.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ttings.xml

I read that page before using the advanced settings, hopefully changing it should prevent someone making the same mistake as myself.

the wiki is community work - if you find something wrong it would be great if you just could change it...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Done, I've added a suitable sentence to the wiki Smile
great thx Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Smile 
I too was getting the buffering issues. The directions in the post to change to Coax/Optical fixed my issue. There is definitely a correlation.
I been playing with my ATV over the past week and have been generally quite impressed with it. Nothing I've played made it hiccup at all... until tonight. I tried to watch the latest Amazing Race (S20E01) in 720p released by DIMENSION. Ouch! Audio and video went way out of sync within seconds, lots of noises. Horrible. Maybe this would make for a good test file.

The mediainfo of the file is at http://pastebin.com/sbAtgjpM
KODI running on...
Acer Aspire Revo | 2 x iPad Mini
HP Touchsmart | AppleTV | Raspberry Pi
rene Wrote:I been playing with my ATV over the past week and have been generally quite impressed with it. Nothing I've played made it hiccup at all... until tonight. I tried to watch the latest Amazing Race (S20E01) in 720p released by DIMENSION. Ouch! Audio and video went way out of sync within seconds, lots of noises. Horrible. Maybe this would make for a good test file.

The mediainfo of the file is at http://pastebin.com/sbAtgjpM

The first question I have would be, does the file do the same thing if you play it on your computer.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
apw2607 Wrote:I've got a bunch of Music Videos in VOB format .... essentially regular old boring mpeg2 standard definition video files. Mix of PAL and NTSC formats.

With ATV2: iOS 4.4.4 (3330)
720p 60hz
Hdmi for video and audio

On Eden Beta 2 ... videos would playback smooth and great.

On Eden Beta 3 .... the same videos seem to miss frames here and there, resulting in a jumpy motion. Audio still plays back fine. Note this issue is different from the buffering problems that have being encountered. The only way I've overcome those is to switch interlacing off.

I have Eden Beta 3 on my iMac and the videos playback fine, so it seems its B3 on the ATV imo.

I've had a chance to do more testing with B3 and ATV2.

I've tracked down the problem with the choppy playback on B3. It only concerns Standard Definition MPEG2/VOB files that are NTSC (29.97 interlaced, 720x576)

It doesn't matter if I turn interlacing on or off, I still get choppy or what appears to be missed frames. Audio plays back fine.

I have many standard definition MPEG2/VOB PAL (25 fps interlaced, 720x480) files and they play back smooth on B3 ... so its just the NTSC ones that seem to cause a problem.

The good news is, that the buffering issue have gone when interlacing is switched on with B3, so nice job there !!

Hope this info helps the developers .... if you need any more info, or any test files just PM me.
maybe check into a5b4131f83c8785bcc182b75e46520b35ccbf1b8
canadave Wrote:The first question I have would be, does the file do the same thing if you play it on your computer.

It's horrible on my PC... but it's an old pc and can't playback any HD videos smoothly. Smile

I'll try it on my revo shortly to see if it plays back there. But that one isn't running Eden.
KODI running on...
rene Wrote:It's horrible on my PC... but it's an old pc and can't playback any HD videos smoothly. Smile

I'll try it on my revo shortly to see if it plays back there. But that one isn't running Eden.

So much for trying this. I setup my computer to download another version of the show last night and once it was completed SickBeard deleted the bad HD one and move the new SD version to it's location.

I may redownload the HD version tonight if I get a chance. My internet service is poor so it'll be tomorrow at the earliest before I can try playing it on the Revo again.

Rene
KODI running on...
Changing Audio Output in XBMC > System > Settings > System to use Optical/Coax seems to work for me. Thanx for the link
I've been having these buffering issues since Beta 2. I never had a problem watching even 1080P (file resolution) H264 shows or even most 720P XViD shows until Beta 2, when almost all content over 480 would start buffering horribly. The same content plays fine locally on the XBMC computer hosting the content with Beta 3. The buffering never seems to happen in the exact same spot, but playing back the same file gets buffering near the same parts (approximate number of times, near 2 minutes each time, for example).

The ATV2 is connected straight to a TV with no receiver, so audio decoding is handled by the player itself. I've tried every fix in the FAQ, including the dirty regions fix.

The test build you released a few weeks ago appeared to fix the issue, but either it was temporary or Beta 3 brought it back for me. I've attached some debug information in the hope that it will help out in some way. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you.

Thanks so much!

Platform: AppleTV2
iOS: 4.4.4
XBMC: Eden Beta 3
Install Method: Apt-Get

Playback Problem--
Container: MKV
Video Codec: H264 1280*[email protected]
Reference Frames: 2 Ref Frames
Audio Codec: AC-3 48000Hz 384kb/s, 16 bits, 6 channels

Connection: Ethernet for both source and ATV2
Sharing: SMB from Windows 7 64-bit

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/w4QFKk0C
I'm testing the limits of this XBMC on ATV2 system. I can see that locally stored 1080p files play fine, so I want it to be the same over the network. 720p movies rarely buffer, but the 1080p chokes constantly; I limited the XBMC.log time so that it doesn't repeat the same line over and over. SD is totally fine. Audio is being decoded by my receiver.

How can I get 1080p and 720p x264 files to play reliably on my system?

Platform: Apple TV 2
Version of iOS/ATV: iOS 5.0.1 on Apple TV2 4.4.4 9A406a (3330)
XBMC Build version and date compiled: XBMC 11.0-BETA3 Git:20120207-1fef727 (Compiled : Feb 8 2012)
Install Method: apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
FULL Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/1hjdz6Zd

Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem:
Here is my setup:
  • ATV2 hooked up to Sony STR-DH720 receiver
  • MacBook Pro 13" 7,1 on Mac OS X 10.7.3
  • Videos stored on GoFlex Desk 2TB external drive formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Some of you may know that this drive can be problematic, but I fixed it.
  • WebDAV using MediaMaster Server using a secure connection
  • Linksys WRT54GL v1.1 running Tomato firmware v1.28
Fixes that I've tried:
  • Isolating network as the problem. Storing the file on the ATV2 removes all buffering issues.
  • Choosing audio as optical/coax instead of HDMI
  • advancedsettings.xml with these network settings
  • Wired instead of wireless
  • AFP, SMB. Had stability issues with AFP, SMB wasn't any better than WebDAV.
  • Fixing ownership of files
  • Cleared "no space left on device" problem
  • Turning off fanart and thumbnails

GUI Problems: None
Skin name: Confluence

Playback Problems:
Video codec and container: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1). [email protected].

Audio codec and container: DTS and not sure how to find container

MediaInfo output: http://pastebin.com/GGu179PG
Sample video: http://www.mediafire.com/?rpar7rajh2bwwnl (100MB)
@jonathanphanle

try NFS
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issues - atv2 - wired0