how do I clean up my library?
How can I clean up my library? (without addons) I know it's gotta be simple, I'm just not always using the power features, and I can't find it now.....

There should be a way to delete a part of the library, and re-scan to repopulate the db. Not the whole library. my tv shows are numerous, and fine.

for example, I have several duplicate copies of movies listed, because I used to have the movies on a different video source/hd. When I moved to a new HD, added a new video source, and scanned into the library - almost everything is duplicated. 2 copies, and one copy obviously doesn't exist. I could manually select every movie, and the ones that come up and say "no longer exists, remove it?" hit yes, but that would take ages...

I searched, but "clean" and "library" are way too common of terms and yielded nothing useful.

Thanks,
Jason
5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X
If you go to System>Video>Library, and then scroll down to Clean library. That will remove any movies that are no longer in your source. Very simple. Only time this is a problem is if your source is off line. Then it would consider anything that can't be found to be missing and would be removed also.

Hope this helps.
Yep! That did the trick! Thanks
5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X
you can also add this to your "advancedsettings.xml" so after each library update it also cleans your library right after adding your new content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how do I clean up my library?0