Missing folders when adding source
I have all my media files on a UPnP server. I have 5 folders with videos that I want to add as sources. These are all inside one folder called Video. When I Got to Add Source and navigate to the UPnP server - rootvideo - folder - Video I only see 3 of the 5 folders. Why Can't XBMC see all folders that exist? There are nothing different with those two that are missing. Just ordinary folders with movie files in them.
What type of movies are missing? ISO files don't show up over my Fritzbox mediaserver using UPNP for example. Try using SMB and see if the two missing movies show up.
It's not files that are missing, it is folders. One folder is empty, the other one contains other folders with movie files in them (mostly mpg and mp4, but that should not matter, since it is the folder level above that is missing).
I'd guess the UPNP server you're using can't handle the media formats in this folders. You double checked that other applications can see them?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It might be that. I checked in Boxee, and it's the same there. It is strange, though. The file formats should be nothing special. I even have a .wmv file in there. Guess I'll have to use smb in stead.

Thanks.
Boxee is XBMC when it comes to the player core (more or less). You should try with a completely different application to be sure.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok.
Hi,
I really need help with this.... I dont see the TV Shows folders in my Kodi when making upnp, I only see the movies, why is that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing folders when adding source0