My First HTPC - Llano based
Hellcat Wrote:What is diameter of vent in GD05B under power supply mouting area? What power supply are you using?
Here is the complete info on the GD05B-

Silverstone GD05B (you can install up to 220mm PSU). If you click on recommendation tab, you'll see what PSU it recommended and you'll find out the size from it. It's recommended this "ST40NF" PSU and any PSU with similar size should fit fine.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:Here is the complete info on the GD05B-

Silverstone GD05B (you can install up to 220mm PSU). If you click on recommendation tab, you'll see what PSU it recommended and you'll find out the size from it. It's recommended this "ST40NF" PSU and any PSU with similar size should fit fine.

Oh, I see you are following this thread. Wonder how Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR3 1866 is working out for Creed3020. I'm looking at that and CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1866. Bear in mind I plan to push this HTPC to also do 3D gaming (will be connected to 3D projector).
Hellcat Wrote:Oh, I see you are following this thread. Wonder how Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR3 1866 is working out for Creed3020. I'm looking at that and CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1866. Bear in mind I plan to push this HTPC to also do 3D gaming (will be connected to 3D projector).
With this APU "Great Gift (AMD A8-3850)", it should playback most newer 3D games! Smile
@bluray - What do you think about Seasonic M12II 520 PSU compared to SILVERSTONE Strider Plus ST50F-P? Looks like Seasonic components may be higher quality, dual 12V rails, and dual PCI-E connectors (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817151093).
Hellcat Wrote:What is diameter of vent in GD05B under power supply mouting area? What power supply are you using?

Im sure its a 120mm vent. Im using a Rosewill Green Series RG430-S12 430W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS. My system is all up and running I just need a case now. Ill do a review of the case when I get it. I paid $90 for the GD05B and $20 shipping. I realize now I could have gotten free shipping from Amazon. I was going to get the GD04. The only difference is the front bezel. Its better quality on the GD05B
Solviken Wrote:Ahh i got the 24p to work Smile Had to turn of the "True Full Screen option " in systems settings Big Grin Now it works flawless Big Grin

I also have the true full screen turned off. Glad to hear you got it working.

Hellcat Wrote:How are you using the SILVERSTONE Strider Plus ST50F-P 500W with a 120mm intake fan when the intake vent below the power supply is only 80mm? I would think the airflow into the PS is constricted causing a heat build-up (overheating) and also some additional noise.

The vent on the bottom of the case is a full 120mm with a dust filter (see photo below), where did you get 80mm from out of curiosity? This PSU has been working fine in this case and no noise/heat issues to date.

Hellcat Wrote:Oh, I see you are following this thread. Wonder how Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR3 1866 is working out for Creed3020. I'm looking at that and CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1866. Bear in mind I plan to push this HTPC to also do 3D gaming (will be connected to 3D projector).

Memory has been working excellent. I have a friend with this same build but with the 8GB kit that you are referring to and it works well. I am running at the correct speed using the XMP profile available as configured in the BIOS:

Hellcat Wrote:@bluray - What do you think about Seasonic M12II 520 PSU compared to SILVERSTONE Strider Plus ST50F-P? Looks like Seasonic components may be higher quality, dual 12V rails, and dual PCI-E connectors (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817151093).

I can recommend SeaSonic or Silverstone. I love SeaSonic for gaming computers which is what I run in my main rig.
Hellcat Wrote:@bluray - What do you think about Seasonic M12II 520 PSU compared to SILVERSTONE Strider Plus ST50F-P? Looks like Seasonic components may be higher quality, dual 12V rails, and dual PCI-E connectors (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817151093).
Why 520w when you barely need to use 100w for A8-3850? Both Seasonic and Silverstone should be very similar in quality! Smile
The vent on the bottom of the case is a full 120mm with a dust filter (see photo below), where did you get 80mm from out of curiosity? This PSU has been working fine in this case and no noise/heat issues to date.

Yea, TeKo got me straightened out on that. Don't know where I thought I saw 80mm. I ended up ordering the SeaSonic M12II 520, but take a look at this Nexus 420 (only 12.5cm deep - would make install in ML03B a lot easier.
http://www.amazon.com/Nexus-VALUE-430-Ac...roduct_top

Memory has been working excellent. I have a friend with this same build but with the 8GB kit that you are referring to and it works well. I am running at the correct speed using the XMP profile available as configured in the BIOS:

I ordered Corsair (runs at 1.5V and 9-10-9-24 latency). Not sure if I will OC memory and A8-3870, but only if I need to for gaming.
bluray Wrote:Why 520w when you barely need to use 100w for A8-3850? Both Seasonic and Silverstone should be very similar in quality! Smile

No good reason bluray, but I like dual 12V rail and lower power Seasonics I think were all fanless.
Jetster Wrote:Im sure its a 120mm vent. Im using a Rosewill Green Series RG430-S12 430W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS. My system is all up and running I just need a case now. Ill do a review of the case when I get it. I paid $90 for the GD05B and $20 shipping. I realize now I could have gotten free shipping from Amazon. I was going to get the GD04. The only difference is the front bezel. Its better quality on the GD05B

I think that better quality front panel is on GD04 (aluminium) than on GD05 (plastic with aluminium skin) or am I wrong?
PV_XBMC Wrote:I think that better quality front panel is on GD04 (aluminium) than on GD05 (plastic with aluminium skin) or am I wrong?
You're correct!
Thanks for info.
bluray Wrote:You're correct!

Crap I read it wrong. The GD04 was $8 cheaper I think I assumed it was the cheaper one. O well. It will work out anyway I also thought it looked a little less square
Shocked
hi creed3020.
I really like your htpc.
i run a website about good htpc configurations (besthtpc.net) can i use your configution and photos on my site?
Kind regards
howy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My First HTPC - Llano based0