How to mute completely ?
When I press my mute button, xbmc doesn't mute the sound completely, it just sets it to very low.
How can i get my mute button to actually mute the sound to 0 ?

Much searching has lead me nowhere, and there isn't a setting about mute in the system settings.

Win7 64 bit, xbmc Dharma.
What mute button? On a multimedia keyboard? A remote? Pressing F8 on the keyboard?

In Win7 the mute button on a multimedia keyboard and many remotes controls Windows not XBMC i.e. it mutes the system volume.

JR
I'm using a MCE remote with Elitegamer360's registry import.

Apparently it uses XBMCs mute function;

"2- Modified Mute button to actually send a keyboard stroke, Mute button Now control mute function in XBMC and not Windows, which display audio muted in XBMC"

http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/logs.html
Ah OK, EliteGamer360's script configures the Mute button on the remote to send the keypress F8 i.e. the same as if you pressed F8 on the keyboard. This is XBMC's "mute" key so it should be muting XBMC.

In that case I don't know why it isn't completely muting. I've just tried it on my PC and when XBMC is muted I can't hear anything (except background hiss) no matter high I turn the amp.

JR
Quote:... xbmc doesn't mute the sound completely, it just sets it to very low.

+1

I've been dumbfounded by this since I started using XBMC years ago. When I turn the volume all the way down I get a crossed over speaker symbol but still have sound although on a low volume. Not much of a problem it just bugs me out, that it is not completely silent is a strange behaviour indeed.

Tried googling and searching for it but haven't found anything besides this thread yet.

Any one have any input on why we get this behaviour?

(Running Eden beta on Windows 7 now, but had this problem with nightlies and Dharma also on Windows 7, cant remember if I had it on XP back in the days.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to mute completely ?0