How to get music library to update tags
Hi guys,

I have just modified some of ID3 tags in my music library (using mediamonkey) and when I go into the music library and select update library it doesn't register the changed tags. I have also tried using clean library. Both of these functions seem to only look at changed file locations.

Is there a way that I can get it to recognise the changed tags without having to rescan the whole library??

Thanks!
I guess you need to change something in the folder so XBMC rescans it.

You could rename the folder containing the modified mp3s and clean the database. That should delete the entry for those mp3s. Now rename the folder back and rescan.

JR
Is this still true? Do you need to remove and re-add files to get the tags re-scanned? Is there no easier way? This seems like a tough challenge - to have all your tags set properly before scanning or be forced to download all artist data again using the universal scraper.
Same problem here... Bump.
Just came across this and I am trying to do the same thing. I'm trying to consolidate the genres to a more manageable number. The changes to the file tags themselves are easy to make in foobar but I was hoping not to have to make the changes in the xbmc library by hand as well. Any way to get xbmc to rescan the tags and update the library accordingly been discovered?
You just initiate a scan or update library. XBMC will rescan any file whose date has changed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

For me this process takes all night to perform.

Say if I update the tags on one album (in mediamonkey) of my 650+ and update the library get the feeling that xbmc rescans and try to update all artist information from theaudiodb. All I want to do is to get xbmc recognize, lets say the genre or album art is changed for one specific album and update that. The same for adding a new artist or album (for new artist I can manually update that specific).

My music library is approx 200 artists, 650 albums and 7500 songs which i don't consider large in any way but in general responds very slow on all actions I do on it. I'm running a mysql database on my libraries.

Is there a quick way to update the libraryHuh
clarifying...

All I want to do is to re-scan the mp3 tags not to gather info from any scraper
So turn off online scraping before you do it?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

In Linux Mint, I am using puddletag, and editing tags does not change the modified date of the file or folder, unless you uncheck that option in prefrences of puddletag. just an fyi for someone that stumbles upon this thread.

(2013-03-05, 04:25)jmarshall Wrote: You just initiate a scan or update library. XBMC will rescan any file whose date has changed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get music library to update tags0