Open Favorites as a separate screen
Hi, I'm just getting started with XBMC and I have something in mind that I just can't figure out. First I want to access my Favorites as a separate screen (like the "Videos", "Programs", etc. screens) instead of a menu on the side. On top of that, I want to have the items in Favorites displayed as thumbnails, and to have XBMC start up in this screen. Is this at all possible?
I would guess that the way the Favourites is displayed depends on the skin. If so, this won't be easy to change, though you may be able to find a skin that displays the Favourites in the way you want.

There are some options for the startup window in System settings, Appearance, Skin, Startup window, though Favourites isn't one of the options available. You can make XBMC start in the Favourites by creating an autoexec.py. When it starts, XBMC looks for autoexec.py in your userdata folder, and if if it finds the file it will execute it. The following will make XBMC start in the favourites window:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateWindow(favourites)")

JR
Thanks for the tip. I haven't been able to find a skin that will show Favorites as a separate view. And I think I'm stuck with Confluence because, as far as I know, it's the only one that will let me see YouTube and Vimeo videos as large icons (and remember to keep it that way with every new search). That alone is big for me, because I'd be using those add-ons a lot. All I've been able to find are skins that give you large icon views, but will revert back to list view with every new search or playlist.

For now I found out how to add custom items to the Home screen, but I'd really prefer to find a skin that gives you a separate Favorites view and works with YouTube and Vimeo like I described. So if anybody knows of any, please let me know!
Favourites as a window is something we've done for Precession but it's not finished yet.

There! That's basically the kind of look I'm aiming for.
I'm new to ATV2 and XBMC, but "Precession" is exactly what I've been looking for.

How do I get it/add it to my ATV2?

Thanks,

J.
[WIP] Precession Project
is it possible to have this code execute every time you close an addon? I have kodi close down an addon when I return back to the main window instead of having the source playing in the background. The code above does what I need it to do but only at start up.

I have tons of favorite links from different sources and it would be much easier to have the favorite list pop up every time I close down an addon instead of navigating to the favorite button every time with a remote.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Open Favorites as a separate screen0