MySQL Causes Crash
as the file server is runnign 2k8r2, I though I would try with NFS to see if that cured the pauses and buffereing when playing VIDEO_TS rips. Unfortunately, it doesn;t :-(
With the exchanged libsmbclient.dylib give me a new crashlog please + xbmc.log please.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
all of this thread is with the new libsmbclient.dylib.
Now i'm confused. On page 1 you posted crashlogs. I told you afterward to revert the libsmbclient.dylib to the version given via dropbox link in that other thread. And now you are saying that crashlog is already done with the exchanged libsmbclient?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
btw ... in your advancedsettings.xml try with the ip of the mysql server instead of that name. I don't think XBMC is able to resolve those...
I think we have managed to get our wires crossed somewhere.

The timeline is something like the below.

I only have one ATV2. I also have an ATV1 and lots of other boxes running various operating systems :-)

I had problems with crashing on SMB access on my ATV2, I started a thread, you posted the dropbox link, I replaced the running version of libsmbclient.dylib with the one that you posted and I could scan a network share.

I then thought I would try and get the shared MySQL with shared sources working. I initially tested on Ubuntu 12.04 and it worked perfectly, then I tried with my ATV2 and it failed. In case it was a problem with the MySQL database, I dumped the database and tried again with the ATV2, this also failed and I started a new thread.

I have tried as per [post #5 of this thread using an IPv4 address instead of a f.q.d.n., I haven't tried IPv6, but I do have IPv6 running, but as the ATV1 doesn't have IPv6...

I know that name resolution is working on the ATV2, as if I add path substitution for thumbnails into advancedsettings.xml the requisite folders are created on the server. The same server is running the file shares and a MySQL instance.

So at the moment, I have two issues

1/ with just the MySQL settings in advancedsettings.xml (using f.q.d.n. or IPv4 address) the ATV2 shows the Eden "boot" logo and then "crashes" back to the Apple screen
2/ playing VIDEO_TS rips the ATV2 frequently pauses and goes to "buffering"

The initial issue of not being able to scan an SMB share has been resolved with the copy of libsmbclient.dylib from the dropbox link that you posted.

I think that's about it :-)
And i just didn't realise that you are one and the same person. Apologize :/

Just as a hint. Only because of name resolution is working with path substitution doesn't automatically mean that it works on other places too. Its because i'm just unsure if the resolution is hooked up on every place in the code where network stuff is done. But as it seems this isn't the cause for your mysql problems.

I'm not sure what to tell you. Mysql was never an issue on iOS for me.

Could you please post another crashlog though? I want to be sure that its allways the same crash. As i said the old crashlog wasn't related to mysql.
I thought that might be the case, no need to apologise :-)

Short name resolution doesn't appear to work on my ATV2, unless I add the host to /etc/hosts, but f.q.d.n.does work, at least for doing "ping f.q.d.n."

With advanced settings.xml like this http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4417

debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4418
crashlog http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4419

sources.xml had no entries in it
Muhh i'm blind ... it was libmysqlclient all the time - not libsmbclient. This is definitly not the bug for me as it seems ...
yes, I was fairly sure that this one wasn't an SMB issue :-)

could you try http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...5-atv2.deb please?

With that post another crashlog please. I don't have the needed dsym files anymore for the version you are using (long story...) needed for symbolicating that crashlog.
sorry, been out for two days.

that link 404s
yep because this is our official versoin now. You should see it in nitotv/apt-get the next days (called 11.0-4).
Not a problem :-)
one apt-get update and apt-get upgrade later, its happy with MySQL :-)

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Causes Crash0