Can't fully remove movie database
Running 10.1 Dhrama, AEON MQ3. From the main menu my movies section shows 719 movies. When I go to videos from the main menu it only shows 659 which is correct. I'm not sure why the movies counter shows 83 more movies. I tried removing the source and it removes all 659 movies, however 83 still remain. The database is duplicating several movies. I can't remove these movies which show no fan art or anything. The movies don't even play. Tried cleaning the library several times, and there is no other source to delete. When I try playing the movie it says this movie is no longer in the database do you want to delete it? When I click yes it does not remove it. Has anyone ran into this problem?

Thanks
Star 
Duplicates can be caused by CD1 and CD2 of the same movie, when stacked they show as one, but you still have the listing for the second It's possible to have multiples in different folders or trailers, extras, seen as movies. Deleting them usually eliminates the issue... careful you don't delete a 'real' movie though. Not deleting can be caused by things like you don't have deletion privileges.. or some O/S issue. Clean-up in the Settings>Video>Library deletes any references to videos that are no longer on your system (as long as you have open permissions to delete) but if you do have files that are interpreted to be videos by XBMC then it will try to re-scrape them.. and your dups return.

To get to the bottom of this, you really need to paste.com a true debug log.
Something you can try to do is to delete the database all the videos are stored in. When you do that you will have to re-add all of your videos that you want in XBMC. The file name for the database will be myvideos##.db, the ## will be the version number of the database which maybe something like 57 right now. If need to know where to find it you can look in your userdata folder for XBMC.
Going to setting>video>library I still can't remove files in the movie database. IT goes through the process without any errors, however upon return to view the movies the folder still shows 83. I can't find the database where the myvideos##.db is stored. Any idea where I can find this so I can delete it and then re-scrap to see what happens? I tried looking in the XBMC folder but no luck.

Thanks
Did you try what PatK wrote? That seems more logical to me to be your problem.

Mark
The database should be found in the following paths depending on which windows you have.

Windows XP: Documents and Settings\<your_user_name>\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\
Vista/Windows 7: Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

You will find it in the database folder. Just delete the one for videos. When you restart XBMC it will regenerate it. Then re-scrap your movies. Should do the trick.
mwkurt,

I did try what Patk mentioned. I looked in the folders where my movies are stored on my network and there are 659 folders. Each folder contains only one file (the movie itself) This issue is that I can't remove these files from XBMC. When I go to videos and delete the path it pulls my movies from it still shows 83 of them, so of which I don't even have on my server. Maybe I'm doing something wrong I don't know.
Tight Wad,

Thanks I found the myvideos34.db I can't open it though. Should I just delete it and restart XBMC then re-scrap orHuh
aaronh Wrote:Tight Wad,

Thanks I found the myvideos34.db I can't open it though. Should I just delete it and restart XBMC then re-scrap orHuh

Asked and answered.

Quote:You will find it in the database folder. Just delete the one for videos. When you restart XBMC it will regenerate it. Then re-scrap your movies. Should do the trick.
I'm a bonehead... ugh I did not see that, thanks. Trying it now.
Problem fixed. Deleting the database file, restarting XMBC, and adding the content worked.

Thanks all for the help.
Glad to have been able to offer some help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't fully remove movie database0