• 144(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
@keynone:
System -> Settings -> Appearance: Disable the RSS Feed. No further idea here.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
New 12.2 stable Frodo package available
Thank you!
Thank you for all the help!
Any idea when the Catalyst bug will be fixed (I would report it but I don't know how). I can't use pre 13.1 because playback stop on my AMD Trinity setup, I can't use 13.1 or 13.4 due to high CPU usage.

Also 13.04 has broken HDMI audio at the moment.
No - only AMD knows (but only probably).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:Every driver after 12.11 (xorg 1.12 only) and 12.9Quantal(xorg 1.13 shipped with Ubuntu 12.10) is broken. It causes 100% CPU usage with enable vsync.

Sorry, I don't understand.

Every driver:
  • Newer than 12.11 for xorg 1.12 is broken?
  • Newer than 12.9 for Ubuntu 12.10 and later is broken?
  • Everything for Ubuntu 13.04 is broken?

So if I have Ubuntu 12.10, the latest driver I can use is 12.9?
The GUI seems a bit sluggish on mine, is that also because of vsync/cpu usage? Nothing is being played - rss is disabled (it's fine in Windows XBMC)
Yes, yes, yes and yes apparently.

uNi
On Ubuntu 12.10:
  • 12.10 drivers do not work
  • 12.11 beta 11 drivers work
What is the problem, when reading this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1408768
12.11 beta11 is also broken ...
First post! Smile

I'm kind of new with XBMC but would it be possible to compile these XVBA-drivers and Spotyxbmc2 into the same xbmc?

This is how I compile my xbmc right now.
Code:
$ git clone git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git xbmc
$ cd xbmc
$ git checkout Frodo_12.1 #only works with 12.1 right now
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

Can I somehow copy some files from https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/commits/master
and replace Step 3 in the "Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD GPUs from scratch"-guide with the above commands?
Or what way should I go? Or maybe it isn't possible?
you'd need to merge the two branches any resolve and merge conflicts. Its certainly possible, but non trivial and way out of the scope of this thread.

hint: read up on git merge and rebase.
(2013-05-07, 14:56)wsnipex Wrote: you'd need to merge the two branches any resolve and merge conflicts. Its certainly possible, but non trivial and way out of the scope of this thread.

hint: read up on git merge and rebase.
Ok, thanks! Google here I come! Smile
(2013-05-06, 21:25)TaroJake Wrote: On Ubuntu 12.10:
  • 12.10 drivers do not work
  • 12.11 beta 11 drivers work

Help please! Rolleyes When I open aptitude and look at the version of my "fglrx" it shows 9.000 (in Ubuntu 12.10)
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23