Cant boot from live usb
Hey guys...

Just bought my very first HTPC put it together and i am dying to setup XBMC but i am having problems booting from live usb.

I downloaded the XBMC live version and used Linux live creator to make the bootable usb. When I boot from the usb using my HTPC, I can get the GRUB menu and see all the options (XBMC live, safe mood, install live etc.) I click on XBMC live and it start to boot up but when it gets to the login screen, it keeps looping. It will enter login and pass info, then it about 15 secs it will return to that login screen. It will keep doing this until I shut off my HTPC. I got the same usb stick and popped it into my laptop and didnt have a single problem.

Also, I've tried using openelc, but still doesn't work. I boot from the usb on my htpc the only line i see is the systemlinux line, then after that the screen goes black. Nothing happens . I popped in the openelec on my usb into my laptop and once again, i can get to the installer screen with no issues.

Ive tried using different usb ports on my HTPC and it doesn't make a difference. Perhaps there is an option in my bios that

I just downloaded ubuntu 11.10 live version and popped that into my HTPC and i have not had one problem with it. Everything with that version works on my HTPC.

Any ideas anyoneHuh Please help...

Thanks in advance Smile
Try with another USB stick?
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Orclas Wrote:Try with another USB stick?

Tried multiple sticks.... they wont boot openelec or xbmc live in my htpc but they work on my laptop.

I'm thinking there might be a bios option that im missingHuh

Anyone else have any thoughts?
OK solved my problem for openelc

I had my monitor plugged into my video card which is set to the primary display in the bios... thats why i was able to see the bios and systemlinux line. Once that line went away i saw a black screen because openelec must have switched over to my MB display. Once i switched my monitor over to my MB i saw the openelec installer. Also you can change your primary display setting in the bios to the MB so you dont have to switch anymore.

If anyone has any questions post and i will try and help

Problem solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant boot from live usb0