Does Freebase album scraper work?
Does the freebase album scraper work for anyone? It doesn't work for me. please guide me!!
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:Does the freebase album scraper work for anyone? It doesn't work for me. please guide me!!

Poorly at best. AllMusic is blocking scraping now - probably the best right now is LastFM.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
last.fm album scraper is not working for me!! Do you any tool for making nfo (album info, review, label info, etc) for albums just like movies and tv shows have?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Try Media Companion.......not very polished but will get the job done for movies & TV shows.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I am talking about music albums. Tools to scrape albums other than the default scrapers
good question... Would like to know that too...
Same here.

I either get the scrapped information just fine, or when I press "info", info would just pop-out with "fetching info" which just dissapears as quickly as it appears. Seems like it's the problem with naming the album folders - I use "Artist - Album name", but it doesn't seem to be picking on that. Instead it seems like it's taking the information that's IN the folder (like a track name, etc). Is there a way to make it look it up specificly by folder's name?

Has anyone had similar issues? I've tried other scrappers, but I get similar results....
It's not really automated, but WMP does a decent enough job. On the albums that it fails on I use mp3tag (works with Flacs too). WMP gets at least enough to let XBMC's scrapers finish the job.

Note that AllMusic is currently prohibiting dloading of most data - the best one right now is LastFM.

Haven't found a better combo than the above to date.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Freebase album scraper work?0