Preferred hardware and software for PVR.
Team MediaPortal is actually a pretty good piece of software. It includes both a TV Server and a client. You can dabble with it, then once you want to go further, put XBMC on your clients and go from there.

XBMC PVR is about a year away from stable last I looked at the road map. It's been working for a while now, but it's not in the main line code base.

It sounds like you might be best not using XBMC right now. Unofficial builds are not for those new to XBMC or Live TV. Actually all of the back ends I've tried are far from intuitive. TMP being the least objectionable in my opinion. Don't even think of Linux based PVR packages. Myth seemed like it could have come through, but I just wasn't feeling it.

Another thought is, the HD Homerun does have native support in XBMC, but I don't think it does recording, etc. just Live TV playback. That's another path you can go down, without getting too far off track. That support might be going out the door soon though...

Windows Media Center might be the easiest overall though. If you can deal with the interface...
Thanks Kirby. I think I will play with TMP and maybe just use that for the PVR and live viewing stuff. Then switch back to XBMC for everything else. I will also look at MCE too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preferred hardware and software for PVR.0