Files Not Appearing
I have a large collection of rips on two hard drives (the same collection of files, one harddrive is mine the other my roommates'), and for some reason both hard drives look like they have nothing on them when read by xbmc live or openelec, in the file manager or when navigating through folders. Note, this has nothing to do with library mode. All the content of the hard drives is seen in xbmc windows, and windows file explorer.

So I formatted my hard drive and only put a few movies on it, and they show up in live! But when I load all the movies on, none of them show up! I'm thinking there is a file or two that xbmc isn't liking, causing some kind of error.

If my idea that there is a single file messing everything up is correct, is there anyway I can single it out? Or is there a chance that this error is caused by something else? Thanks for the help!
How are you accessing the files - SMB, NFS, or DLNA/UPnP? Or are they local (USB) drives, formatted how?

Other thought - have you added the source correctly? Can you navigate to the folder structure through a Linux command prompt to see if the issue is with XBMC or the underlying OS?
Ahh yea, sorry for being so vague, I knew I'd leave something trivial out. The hard drive is usb connected, NTFS. I don't have to add it as a source because it's done automatically once it mounts. It mounts, and everything looks fine, it's just that as soon as I navigate to it there are no files in the source.

I'm not much of a linux user, so I don't know the commands to navigate to it outside of xbmc, but i'll try and look them up, and get back to you on that. It's a good point that I hadn't thought of.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files Not Appearing0