Eden Beta and Upnp scrapping
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it is the normal behavior.

I cloned the Eden git, built and installed the latest build (done last night December 26th). I can add my Upnp server (Linux running Mediatomb) as a source and see/play all the movies without any issues. However, neither the IMDB or the MovieDB scrapper seems to add the movies to the database. If I just map a drive to the same contents bypassing the Upnp server everything works well.

Any idea what I might be possibly doing wrong?

Thanks.
So, either no one is using Upnp or I am the only one having this issue Sad
I don't think XBMC looks up content on a DLNA server. It just shows the files served to it and possibly the meta data passed from the DLNA server.
kricker Wrote:I don't think XBMC looks up content on a DLNA server. It just shows the files served to it and possibly the meta data passed from the DLNA server.

Thanks. That's what I was afraid off...
You can't build a library using UPnP as a source. It's not supported, and never has been due to the nature of the protocol. You'll have to either map the sources using another protocol e.g. NFS or SMB, or mount the shares in fstab and work from there.
Thanks. I do know how to do it using a share, but I had a reason to go the Upnp way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Beta and Upnp scrapping0