[EDEN] Usb hdd not found
Hi

I've been looking at the Eden Beta 1 build since it came out and I'm having a problem with the Files View option: my usb hdd isn't being picked up.

I'm running Eden Beta 1, on a Xtreamer Ultra with Windows 7 premium. My usb hdd is a 320GB Transcend, formatted with FAT32. The drive is fine - Windows picks it up and reads from it without problems.

I've loaded Eden Beta 1 and no matter where I look my drive is not displayed. I tried File Manager, I tried Music | Files and I've tried Videos | Files, none of which display my usb hdd as an option.

I tried uninstalling xbmc and installing a clean install of Eden Beta 1, and that didn't help.

I've tried using a usb memory stick and that seems to work without any problems. This problem just seems to occur with a usb hdd, not a usb memory stick.

I tried the latest OpenElec ION nightly build and everything works fine - my usb drive displays without problems.

I asked a friend to check and he had the same problem - his usb hdd doesn't get picked up.

I checked TRAC and didn't find any open tickets that mention this problem. I also looked for a new nightly build of Eden, but couldn't find one.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I really thought I was doing something wrong, but a memory stick works fine and OpenElec reads my drive without problems, so I can't think of anything else to try. I've even tried different skins, but that also didn't help.

Thanks
Greg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[EDEN] Usb hdd not found0