advancedsettings.xml
Okay guys I'm not sure if this is possible but I'm going to ask anyway...

I've made a couple of tweaks to the Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml in Neon which will be wiped out the next time the skin updates. Is there a way to define my changes in the advancedsettings.xml rather than in the skin xml files?

Thanks!
Not possible...
as.xml is not skin related in that way...

cheers,
mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Make it read only and check for changes in that file when a new version comes up. Not the very best solution but with read only even XBMC cannot change it when an update occurs (at least on Linux/OS X/iOS, not sure about Windows)
This is what I'd do:
Make a copy of your customized skin folder and rename it something like "skin.neon.customized".
Then edit the addon.xml to have a different id ("skin.neon.customized" again) and also a different name to make it easy to distinguish.
Finally, in XBMC switch to the customized skin (you'll likely have to redo any custom skin settings, though).

This way when the original neon skin updates, your changes will still be in your copy, and you can merge them into the updated version at your leisure, and then rinse, repeat the whole thing afresh. (If that makes sense).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings.xml0