Library Sharing questions
I'm sure these questions may have been asked before, so I really am sorry in advance. I tried searching and found questions that were close to what I wanted to know but really didn't help.

Anyway! My current XBMC setup is a main HTPC is an Acer Revo 1600 w/upgraded ram, wireless card and a 2TB external. It works well for the price and age and is fast as long as I don't use some of the bigger skins. I'll be upgrading it to a newer machine it in about 1-2 months, but that is beside the point.

Other than that I have XBMC installed on my iPad 2, desktop comp in my study (so I can pretend to work and watch movies at the same time Laugh ) and on my wife's laptop.

Currently the way we have to access media is through adding a UPnP source and connecting to that to access the library. It works, but isn't perfect. The main issue that I'm having is that it would be nice to be able to access the media like I do on my main HTPC and be able to use programs like PseudoTV.

I've read that I can setup a SQL Database to share info, resume shows in other rooms and to share watched info (neither are important to me), but I've also read that it can be very slow and doesn't share media info (posters, fanart, etc...). Is this correct? And would using SQL even be the "fix" that I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance, and hopefully that makes sense!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Sharing questions0