xbmc crashing when downloading library meta data
Hello guys,
just wanted to report the problem I'm having with downloading metadata (scraping and building my library). XBMC crashes every time it tries to download anything to do with metadata, in the progress bar it never changes from 0% and then about 20seconds later crash! I have tried different movie scrappers and settings but nothing makes any difference so I have no idea what to do.... Here is (hopefully) all required info for the debug.
If needed I can provide any additional info.

AppleTV2:
OS version: 4.4.4 (3330)
jailbroken with latest seasonpass untethered 4.4.4 (iOS 5.0.1 - 9A406a)

XBMC 11.0 beta 1 git:2011122-22ad8e4 compiled December 24th 2011 installed via nitotv

Logs:
xbmc.log - http://pastebin.com/cScf5G3b

Hope I have followed the instructions right, sorry if i haven't I'm new around here Smile
Same issue. I'm surprised it hasn't been posted more often.
Ahh I see, there seems to be a few familiar posts about atv2 and library issues. I am now wondering (after lots of reading) if it's because I am connecting to my media drive via upnp because it's the only way I can work out how to conect to it! But according to the FAQ I found upnp will not work for media scraping...!?

How are you connecting to your media source?
The only thing I see in that log file is icefilms related stuff. Adding add-on content to the library is something the add-on had so handle, do your best bet is to ask in the existing support thread before it gets closed (as icefilms and related add-ons won't be discussed on xbmc.org anymore: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117995 )
@ned, thank you for your reply its very appreciated! sorry for being such a noob to all this i had no idea that the log i posted only had ref to icefilms, and not the actual issue i have. I guess i did something wrong at some point...

i have since found out that the reason it was crashing is because i was connected to my media source via upnp and apparently when using upnp you cannot scrape for meta data...I cannot seem to work out how else to connected smb etc doesnt want to play as it should...so instead i have downloaded media centre master and i am going to store all the metadata with my media and then i believe that will be passed to xbmc via upnp (i hope) so all in all this is a massive trial and error thing and so far i am not winning Stare

time will tell.
I used the Zeroconfig option and AFP and now everything works perfectly.
@go dawgs, all sorted now! Connected via SMB and my network media drive is being managed by media centre master and then serving all the meta data to xbmc and it's working seamlessly.

Thanks for the help Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc crashing when downloading library meta data0