VAAPI picture issues, XBMC crashes, "PVR" PopUp
Hello,
I just set up my PC with the following tutorial:
http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthr...p?t=882014

So now I am using the xbmc build from opdenkamp and I chose the "INTEL" way since I have an Intel Core i3 330M with built-in GPU.

XBMC and VAAPI are working in HD videos but Live TV has some weird issues. Sad

For VDR I use XVDR (version 0.9.5 Protocol: 3) which works with my DVB-S2 USB card TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-3600.

So when I for example turn on an HD channel it's tuning fast and working. But when I change to an SD channel I suddenly have a green layer on the picture (you can still see it but it's green) and the speakers make some disturbing sounds. This also happens vice versa. When I now change the TV channel again, XBMC crashes completely and restarts itself.

I have a crash log and a stace track, maybe that helps!
https://gist.github.com/b67987c9109908046790
http://pastie.org/3109358

What I found out: when I turn off VAAPI, I don't have any "green picture" issue anymore but the sound still goes crazy and HD is of course lagging and unwatchable. Also XBMC doesn't crash that often (just happened one or two times) when I turn off VAAPI, so maybe there is a conflict there?

I compiled the "v4l-dvb" driver to watch TV with my card since "linux-media-dkms" from yavdr branch didn't work!

I also have this issue, too. This popup only occurs on fresh boot, but not on restart after crash.

I hope someone is able to help me! Thanks in advance! Smile

System summary:
CPU: Intel Core i3-330M (using built-in GPU)
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 500GB
DVB-S2 card (external USB): TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-3600
Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric minimal and XBMC from opdenkamp git with xvdr Plugin!

EDIT: Just a small "workaround" until this problem is fixed. Instead of directly switching a channel I first stopped the TV with the STOP button on my remote and then chose another TV channel. When using this method XBMC doesn't crash but that can't be the solution. Sad
Hey man, the guide you are referring is for ATI XVBA acceleration, not Intel. For that I'd suggest using an Openelec Intel builds with PVR support. I guess these could be the good packages: http://packages.pulse-eight.net/

Cheers, Alan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
On post 3, there is a Intel guide, but thanks for the link, I will try OpenELEC + Pulse! Smile

What do you recommend? Installing this build on a clean ubuntu 11.04 minimal?

And I also read that OpenELEC doesn't support my DVB-S2 card. Or can I just install the drivers for it and then use OpenELEC?
XBMCWin Wrote:On post 3, there is a Intel guide, but thanks for the link, I will try OpenELEC + Pulse! Smile

What do you recommend? Installing this build on a clean ubuntu 11.04 minimal?

And I also read that OpenELEC doesn't support my DVB-S2 card. Or can I just install the drivers for it and then use OpenELEC?

Yes the guide has been put together by me :-) And note that it is Ubuntu 11.10 which is far more stable and up to date.

I can recommend that, but you might want to use a PVR build xbmc repo from Opdenkamps git tree.

I also have a DVB-S2 card (same as yours) and I don't use the PVR buid only the official unstable ppa. I just add the TV programs as a new source like this:

Code:
htsp://127.0.0.1

This way I use XBMC's built in TVHEADEND protocoll. No EPG but you can watch TV programs without any problems. Let me tell you the TV Headend is far better than any other solution. Very stable, easy web based management.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks for your answer! Smile

As expected, OpenELEC didn't recognize my TV card (I wish I could just install them, but they didn't include apt-get)

Well I try now to use VNSI and if that doesn't work either I will stop it and return to Windows. I actually need the EPG so TVHeadEnd isn't a solution for me. Sad

Funny thing: I had yaVDR 0.4 running with no crashes but I wasn't able to include vaapi support Sad And since I wasn't able to creat a xorg.conf.yavdr XBMC also didn't start up - I am not experienced enough to use this.
TVHeadend IS a solution for you, if you use the PVR branch. The good thing about it that a basic support htsp protocol is ALREADY included mainline in xbmc. So for just watching TV you don't have to use the PVR builds. But if you use the PVR builds, you will have EPG, recordings, etc. WITH TVHeadend. It is very easy to install and use.
Oh lol, Sorry! Now I get it! Smile Excuse my misunderstanding, please!

Then I will of course try out your solution, which sounds fine now, Thanks!
Me again, little update:
Using build r9400 of OpenELEC works now, it detects my TV card and although there are sometimes issues with my graphics it stopped to crash.
XBMCWin Wrote:Me again, little update:
Using build r9400 of OpenELEC works now, it detects my TV card and although there are sometimes issues with my graphics it stopped to crash.

Glad to gear :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI picture issues, XBMC crashes, "PVR" PopUp0