XBMC turns the monitor back on after going to sleep
So, the problem is as follows: I've got the latest stable (non Eden) version of XBMC all set up (dims the screen after 2 minutes after paused, goes to sleep after 5 minutes) but when I wake up or come back to the pc in a couple of hours, the screen is always turned back on.

I've thought of fixing the whole issue by turning the monitor sleep option in windows too, but I only want the screen to turn off in XBMC after playback has been paused/stopped. So, the windows power saving settings are all on off (no sleep, no hibernation, no turning off HDD/monitor etc).

Halp.
Having similar or same issues.. Been running nightlies since eden came out, and can't say when it started, but I've noticed it more often now.

Have screen saver in XBMC set to dim after 1min.. Works fine.. then a few mins later if I leave the room and come back my screen isn't dimmed anymore and there's some laggyness to the fanart slideshows (using Transparency! skin) - if left longer (when it should be dimmed) I start to get ghosting on my display where the XBMC menu items/text was.

Hitting a button on my remote still 'wakes' xbmc, but the screen just flickers once, as xbmc is expecting the display to be dimmed..
fixed my issue - turns out it was the put monitor to sleep option.

assuming my tv doesn't like it what happens when it gets a power off signal and remains 'on' with xbmc assuming the screen is off and not re-initializing the screensaver.
Quote:Have screen saver in XBMC set to dim after 1min.. Works fine.. then a few mins later if I leave the room and come back my screen isn't dimmed anymore and there's some laggyness to the fanart slideshows (using Transparency! skin) - if left longer (when it should be dimmed) I start to get ghosting on my display where the XBMC menu items/text was.

I have exactly the same problem in XBMC 12.2 running on Windows 7 64.

I also noticed that if I leave XBMC in library where there is no motion on screen it seems to work fine.

Is there any solution for this? It is a big problem for us with older plasma screens. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC turns the monitor back on after going to sleep0