"jumpy" audio playback
hi! first post, but not new to xbmc!

been having probs recently with jumpy audio playback.

the playback just seems to pause briefly 0.1 - 2 seconds at random intervals. thought it could be a cache issue - have upped to 8m to allow full caching of mp3 - makes no difference.

basically it's streaming from a server on a windows share. it's on a wireless network - access point plugged onto router, xbox plugged into router. transfer is never an issue - laptop/xbox fine, laptop/server fine, server/net fine, server/netgear wireless mp3 fine etc. speed is usually 54m but even if it dropped to 1m it should still manage to stream mp3s!

seems to be able to playback full screen divx, but can pause within 1 second of starting an mp3!!!

frustrating as i've installed the server purely for this purpose (well, for the wireless player too) and pretty much mp3d and catalogued my entire cd collection.

build apr 16 2005
mplayer dev-cvs-050410-13:35
don't think the cache is used for mp3's as it is now. atleast not if you are using the new paplayer (will be used if the winamp dll is in system\players\paplayer dir). so it could very well be a network problem. suppose we should make it use that cache settings too. thou..
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i can try using the other player and see what happens (might have to come back for a pointer on how to do this, but will go search first!Wink

it's not a high spec server, but more than capable of the job (1ghz 256mb xp pro, over 54g) so maybe the lack of any cache isn't quite giving it time to respond. i'll dump some files on my laptop (high spec - can also wire as in same room!Wink, stream from there and see what happens.
i have the same problem with the latest build, but when i intall an older build, the mp3's and videos play skip-free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"jumpy" audio playback0