Single function skin?
Presently I am using XBMC on my jailbroken Apple TV 2 for exactly one function--Amazon Prime Streaming via Bluecop's repository.

For everything else I'm using the native Apple TV interface.

I'm trying to make this more wife-friendly, and she's not going to grok the idea of (effectively) and entirely different OS and UI.

Is there a way to have XBMC launch directly into a specific Add-On, e.g. bypass the main menu and go directly to Video: Add-ons: Amazon?

I'd also want the reverse, so that if she exits from the Amazon add-on, XBMC quits entirely and returns her to the Apple TV interface.

Is this something a skin can do? Or is it deeper than that? Thanks!
No, not really a *real* way to do this, as far as I know.

However, there should be some way to achieve what you want.... perhaps, as you said, through skinning. I do know that some scripts, such as recently added, are set to run on startup--I believe via the skin. recently added, and possibly nextaired scripts are run at startup by default by some skins. I would investigate how this is done first, and try it. Bare in mind however that the scripts are different in that they are not GUI's--they run in the background to provide data for the skin to access.

If nothing else, you might be able to script something using something like autohotkey/autoit... Something like, map a key to run the xbmc script you want to run, and then use an autohotkey script (or whatever) to launch xbmc, wait a moment, and then send that keystroke. Then, reduce the wait time as necessary to make it as seemless as possible.

All that I can say for sure is that it shouldn't be too hard to hack something like this together, but you will need to research it a bit and figure out something that works for you based on your own experimentation... I have never heard of anyone doing this before, and I have spent a significant time reading these forums--so I'm afraid you are going to be on your own.

If you figure it out, you should totally update this thread with how you did it!
You can do this by creating an autoexec.py. If you create a Python script called autoexec.py and put it in your userdata folder XBMC will run this script when it starts. If you use the following script:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateWindow(10025,\"plugin://plugin.video.amazon\")")

then when you start XBMC it will immediately open the Amazon add-on.

NB the number 10025 in the ActivateWindow function might be different on your system. To check what this number should be add the amazon add-on to your Favourites, then look in the userdata folder and open favourites.xml in your favourite text editor. You'll see the correct number there.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Single function skin?0