Auto-play from harddrive
when i launch into kai and select a game, i am correctly entered into the appropriate arena for that game. however, when i click on "play", instead of the game autoloading, i am presented with a screen that says "update complete. starting xbox live". then my computer will autorun my dashboard.

this has always worked correctly in the past. what update is it trying to run? i even removed the update.xbe and the dashupdate.xbe files from the games folder and the results are the same.

i know that there used to be a "game save" called "auto update" or something like that on my xbox but i don't seem to have that anymore. could this be my problem?

auto-play' from harddrive

configure your games directory in the kai settings screen
e.g. f:\games

now whenever you're in an arena, clicking the 'play' button will automatically launch the associated game from your harddrive, provided it is located in a sub-directory of the one you specified in the settings screen. if no matching game can be found, you'll be prompted for the game disc as before.
ok, i solved my own problem. i guess that it does really pay off to read other postings on this forum. actually, i decided to start over and i deleted the 0face008 folder in udata and tdata on the e drive. i also reinstalled xbmc but i'm sure that i didn't have to do that.

don't know what happened after that but my xboxdash.xbe file date changed to 01/01/05 and after reconfiguring everything in xbmc, all is well.

kill thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto-play from harddrive0