Unable to connect to remote server
I apoligize if this sounds like an easy or stupid question but i have searched, read, and tries various solutions for the past 5 hours and gotten nowhere, so here goes
I had a desktop running 7 with a 7tb probox external enclosure with all my movies,pict,and music. it crashed so i bought a new HP touchsmart 310 (all in one touchscreen/computer running 7 home premium 64bit. xbmc on a first gen appletv and it has worked very well till the new computer. at first it wouldnt even see the computer, but through various solutions on the site (thank you) i can now see the workgroup and even the folder I shared but when i attempt to open it it says "refused connection", then "unable to connect to remote server" I dont have any passwords, and its not asking for one, only "refused connection/unable to connect to remote server"
so far i removed windows live software, booted and rebooted everythng various times, verified ip addresses many times. I just learned how to post a debug log http://pastebin.com/ZdWQdekh (I think thats how it works)
I have verified permissions under sharing options, and i am very frustrated, any help would be greatly appreciated.

numan222
after continued experimentation i seem to be going backwards. now both my appletv (1) and my computer (7 home premium) can both get online but wont share. i've gone back to the beggining several time and nothing, could someone offer some sudgestions as to the common pitfalls i must be missing or doing wrong

thank you
numan222
lots of the new pc have firewall software on like norton , just make sure that it not blocking access to shares
Thank you for the responce, i cant believe i made such a stupid mistak.
i'm up and running once again

thanks
numan222
numan222 Wrote:Thank you for the responce, i cant believe i made such a stupid mistak.
i'm up and running once again

thanks
numan222

What was your solution? Your fix might help others.
Did you install Youtube?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to remote server0