[LIVE] How do i set up HTCP?
Hi XBMC guys.

I have just installed XBMC on an old Dell PC and connected it to my TV in the living room. Now i got a couple of problems setting up the software. I got a couple of needs and i hope you guys can help me explain how I can complete the setup.

Needs:
1. I want the HTCP to stream movies from my PC. How do I do this the easiest way? (I want to could see the movie database on the HTCP, not just stream 1 movie, and then have to go to the PC and set it to stream another.)

2. I want to could set my utorrent (or other torrent-client) on my PC to start downloading a movie, from my HTCP. = Sit in the living room and could download movies to the other PC. And then sooner watch it in the living room. AUTOMATIC!, so I want the HTCP to always update movie database.

3. I want to stream sport (/p2p-steams) from my HTCP.

Can somone link me some guides to how im gonna complete this? Right now i got a lot of trouble just watching a movie from my PC on the HTCP..

Hope for some answers.
//becher
Becher Wrote:Hi XBMC guys.

I have just installed XBMC on an old Dell PC and connected it to my TV in the living room. Now i got a couple of problems setting up the software. I got a couple of needs and i hope you guys can help me explain how I can complete the setup.

Needs:
1. I want the HTCP to stream movies from my PC. How do I do this the easiest way? (I want to could see the movie database on the HTCP, not just stream 1 movie, and then have to go to the PC and set it to stream another.)

2. I want to could set my utorrent (or other torrent-client) on my PC to start downloading a movie, from my HTCP. = Sit in the living room and could download movies to the other PC. And then sooner watch it in the living room. AUTOMATIC!, so I want the HTCP to always update movie database.

3. I want to stream sport (/p2p-steams) from my HTCP.

Can somone link me some guides to how im gonna complete this? Right now i got a lot of trouble just watching a movie from my PC on the HTCP..

Hope for some answers.
//becher

You don't need to "Stream" content from one machine to another. If you have files located on the PC then from the XBMC machine you use the network to "Play" the file. I'm going to assume that you are running some version of Windows on the PC so you would need to create a share point so that other computers can see the files. If you have a folder C:\Movies on your PC then in My Computer highlight the folder then right click and choose Share this folder and fill in the info such as "Allow others to change files" etc. Running "Live" on the HTPC might not be a great idea for someone who has zero knowledge of Linux and networking so you might want to consider installing The Windows version of XBMC.

Once you have the drive shared you can then go into XBMC on the HTPC and set that movie folder as a Video source and XBMC will scan all the content into it's library, download the info and graphics and present them in a list.

Number 2 is possible but would be easier if the torrent software is running on your XBMC machine. Personally I see no real reason to watch a video while it's downloading..especially if I've got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy. Since the only Hollywood Movie you can legally download via Torrents is "It's a Wonderful Life" I use other methods of watching movies such as Hulu and Netflix and is not a topic for this forum.

Streaming videos from Internet sources requires the use of specific addons in XBMC so you will need to see if someone has written one for the site you're streaming.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] How do i set up HTCP?0