AppleTV and XBMC
Just a quickie.

I already have a HP Microserver running WHS 2011 and XBMC and it works perfectly and is set up in the living room. I want to watch shows off the server in the bedroom.

Can I get AppleTV 2 and install atvFlash and then stream from the server to the appleTV?

Is there an easier option of streaming from the server to the TV (Toshiba TV with no DLNA).

Many Thanks
Set up a SAMBA share on the server. Add the SAMBA share as a source under videos in ATV. It's will scrape the content and add it to the library. You'll be able to stream Movies and TV.

I created two shares "Movies" & "TV". I put all the movies in the movie folder. The TV shows, I create a separate folder for each show under TV. I don't do any additional folders (i.e. for seasons).

I use "Filebot" to rename all my files so that the scraper can pick them up. Let me know if you have any questions.
hourami Wrote:Just a quickie.

I already have a HP Microserver running WHS 2011 and XBMC and it works perfectly and is set up in the living room. I want to watch shows off the server in the bedroom.

Can I get AppleTV 2 and install atvFlash and then stream from the server to the appleTV?

Is there an easier option of streaming from the server to the TV (Toshiba TV with no DLNA).

Many Thanks

Don't bother with atvFlash, just jailbreak it and install XBMC directly on the ATV2.
Thanks guys. Will try it and see how I get on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV and XBMC0