Whats the best way to go about installing from scratch
First i have to jailbreak with seasonpass then i will shsh nito into my apple tv 2 then im able to install xbmc from nito.Thing is will that be an upto date xbmc and when i want to upgrade xbmc how would i go about doing that.

Oh yeah i need to save apple firmware shsh blobs before i do any of this

i should have my apple tv 2 in a couple of days i just want to do everything properly but im new to this so need advice from someone who has done this before
Check out the wiki for the up to date install instructions, basically its 2 commands, thats all! Last I checked, Nito had Eden Beta 1.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...#Eden_Beta
Thankyou

How do you update through Nito tv is it straightforward in that link you gave me it says enter the two comands to update cydia but im going to jailbreak using seasononpass
Under NitoTv there is an Install Software section. Within there, click XBMC...does the install for you.
NitoTV will now install Beta 2.
Thanks guys ill prob be back after this stage but i wont drive yeah mad it all just seems very interesting to me.I havent receaved my apple tv 2 box yet im just getting ready for it before i get it.
After i install xbmc through nitotv how do i update xbmc later on do i just select the same thing and after this is done what would be the best thing to do next.Would i just install the video pluggins

By the way i have gone through all the FAQ so i know the DO'S and DONT'S
You can do the apt-get update / apt-get install to update to the newest version as shown here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...#Eden_Beta

And do what you want now, add sources, install plugins/skins, it's yours to do what you want!
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
ok thanks deanmy maybe ill help some new dudes on here get started like me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whats the best way to go about installing from scratch0