xbox360 not discovering xbmc upnp av server
I've tried restarting my windows 7 computer and the xbox360.

I did a netstat and found my computer listening on UDP 1900, but not TCP 2869. I've completely disabled any firewall on my computer. I also tried disabling any thing that might bind to either port i.e. Windows Network Discovery and HomeGroup, any sort of upnp server, etc. I finally got it down to 1 instance of something bound to UDP 1900, which was bound to the computer's internal address. I fired up xbmc and watched it bind to many address on UDP 1900.

I've linked to my xbmc debugging log and it doesn't show any errors on start up, but does note that the upnp server started.

http://pastebin.com/mgCUdtcF

My wireless was spotty though and the link was dropping. I changed the channel on my WAP and repositioned my antenna then confirmed there was acceptable (< 5 ms) response time to my firewall/router.

My PIX hasn't had any configuration changes and does very little except nat and vpn. I did packet debugging and didn't see any traffic originating from the xbox360's ip address to my internal subnet while opening the area that's suppose to start discovery on the xbox360.

This worked two days ago, which was the first time I tried streaming to the xbox360 then it stopped the next day with seemingly no changes. My roommates may have done an Xbox Live update, but doubtful of any console updates. I can definitely say there was no configuration changes to neither PC nor network.

I browsed the forums and found nothing similar. I'm stumped...

What are some good forums to pose this problem with that are more xbox360 specific?

I've seen what it can do and miss it sorely. I'm a hug fan of the project and love that it didn't die with the original xbox.
Port 1900 is correct.

Have you another PC you could try running XBMC on? If so try and add a uPnP source on the second PC and see if it can see your PC. If so that points the finger at the 360. If not is suggests a network problem or a problem on your PC.

JR
It's now discovering the library using another xbox360. I think it may have been the connection though. I'm still very disappointed with the xbox360's music app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbox360 not discovering xbmc upnp av server0