Using a NAS and pathsubstitution for Syncing thumbnails and fanart
Hansaplast Wrote:Thanks for the reply - I was just wondering why my Eden setup still bogs down with the message "compressing database" which makes me believe that somehow a local version is still maintained of the database ... which in turn makes me wonder about the thumbs and fanart as well ... Smile

For grabbing artwork I use mainly Sick Beard and Couch Potato. Specially Sick Beard does a great job.

Having that in mind, wouldn't it be nice to have a scraper running on the shared server (NAS), versus having each XBMC trying to scrape? This way I do not have to keep an XBMC machine running all the time.

I'd love to have an external scrapper that could run on the shared server as well. My server has plenty of horse power to handle the MySQL and scraping services. Does anyone have a way to do scraping outside of XBMC so that the front end boxes need not do it, without having to install XBMC on the shared server?
Thanks for this.
I'm gonna go back and re-add everything from SMB locations on the client system when I get home tonight. Should it work after I do that? Or do I have to do something to get the new library to "update" after the old one?
andrewtdop, Canada
40" Sharp Quattron HDTV
3.5 Ghz AMD Athlon™ II X4 Quad-Core Processor
4 GB DDR RAM
1 GB ATI Radeon 4600 series
Multiple HDDs
andrewtdop Wrote:Thanks for this.
I'm gonna go back and re-add everything from SMB locations on the client system when I get home tonight. Should it work after I do that? Or do I have to do something to get the new library to "update" after the old one?

When I did it, I had to change my scraper from IMDB to something else and then change it back. This forced XBMC to rescrape the library and grab all the missing metadata.
Thanks, will do. Hopefully it works.
andrewtdop, Canada
40" Sharp Quattron HDTV
3.5 Ghz AMD Athlon™ II X4 Quad-Core Processor
4 GB DDR RAM
1 GB ATI Radeon 4600 series
Multiple HDDs
andrewtdop Wrote:Yes, on Eden B2. Using the IP address where? In the pathsubstitution code?

I ran into the problem that I had to replace it with an IP address and add the username and password, i.e.;

Code:
<to>smb://username:[email protected]/path/path/</to>

Hope this will be helpful.
XBMC (OpenElec) on AppleTV (1st gen), Intel Atom, AMD Fusion (with Boblight), Raspberry Pi, K1Plus Android x905 (LibreElec), nVidia Shield 2017.

www.tweaking4all.com
www.tweaking4all.nl
www.weethet.nl
(2012-02-21, 22:06)Hansaplast Wrote:
andrewtdop Wrote:Yes, on Eden B2. Using the IP address where? In the pathsubstitution code?

I ran into the problem that I had to replace it with an IP address and add the username and password, i.e.;

Code:
<to>smb://username:[email protected]/path/path/</to>

Hope this will be helpful.

Thank you! That tip ends 6 hours of frustration! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a NAS and pathsubstitution for Syncing thumbnails and fanart0