Dell 14Z I7 SSD with ST Microelectronics DE351DLTR lockup issue
I have a new Dell XPS 14Z I7 laptop with a Crucial 512GB SSD that has had a problem with XBMC (both 10.1 and Eden Beta 1 & 2) where it takes one core to 100% and effectively dogs the whole system down forcing a hard power off because you cannot do a controlled shutdown. With a fresh reboot I could run 10.1 fine, but after using the laptop for a while the problem would crop up. I could never run Eden Beta 1, but did a fresh install of Beta 2 yesterday and it ran a few times then the same problem would appear even after a fresh start.

I disabled all startup items in Msconfig, which allowed Beta 2 to run perfectly, then started adding them in a few at a time until I found one that was causing the problem. For some reason, the above device which is used for Free - Fall protection (it's called FF in startup) is the culprit. Not an issue for me since I have an SSD, but certainly a pain and likely causing issues for anyone else with a SSD and maybe even other I7 laptops with conventional drives.

Hope this helps others experiencing this same odd behavior!

Cancel the above, the FF was not the problem and I'm back to trying startup items one by one to find it..... :mad:
I found the problem, the Intel Rapid Store driver "IAStorIcon.exe" that Dell installed, and is still distributing, has been updated and the most recent one direct from Intel works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dell 14Z I7 SSD with ST Microelectronics DE351DLTR lockup issue0