Best mp3 performance from pc?
i am streaming my mp3s from a pc on my network via a linksys router. there is only my xbox and the pc on the network. the performance of the mp3 play back is not very good. every 15-20 seconds there is a slight break in the playback. can this be corrected in any way? anyone else have this issue?

cheers.
have you updated to very, very latest cvs of xbmc (and done a clean install, see faq)?, by latest i always mean today
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hi

i have the same problem with mp3 playback, breaks like between 10-20 seconds in every mp3, i noticed some crap in avi playback too, but not this serious. this is new, it has been fine before... either it is a problem with kerio firewall on my pc or a problem with my version of xbmc (2005-05-02) now trying 2005.0511 version and without my firewall... i will report if any change...
ok. tested.. firewall is not the problem, it is the bad version. tested with older 2005-03-04 version, all fine as with this 2005.0511 version, expect with 0511 version scandinavian letters (äö) was very buggy. so avoid this last "official" release.
i have only used the latest version so i can't compare to any later versions. but i have had to move my mp3s over to my xbox becuase it is so bad. that is not what i wanted since i have about 40 gb worth of them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best mp3 performance from pc?0